“Really good value”

GreenLeadersGold level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Really good value”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We've just come back from a week at the C d M and thoroughly enjoyed it - beautifully clean and very friendly staff - our maid must have picked up from the Birthday cards in our room that it was my wife's birhday and the bottle of cava was delivered - nice thoughtful touch we felt and grateful for the gesture and also too on Valentine;s day which was the day we arrived. Room was great and we know which rooms to ask for again when we next visit but keeping those to ourselves to eliminate the competition !!!
One little sugestion that might ease the evening meal congestion would be to start at 7pm instead of 7.30 after all the sun isn't still shining after 6pm in the winter months.
We loved the fact that the town was ALIVE with lots of Spanish pensioners - it did away completely with the usual ghost town appearance of many seaside resorts "out of season".
We will visit again provided that we haven't "popped our clogs" in the meantime.

1 Thank owdfella
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Hello "Owdfella",
I should say less of the old and more of the "experienced"! Thank you firstly for choosing to stay
at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar. I am so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed it.

As all our guests note the hotel is very clean and we have very friendly staff, I am very proud of all the team at the hotel and their popularity.

It was our pleasure to deliver a bottle of sparkling cava to your room, after all our birthdays are just once a year. On Valentine's day we thought it would be nice to give the ladies a flower and sparkling cava for all, we wanted it to be a romantic evening for all. It proved to be a great success.

I do understand your point with the dining room, however we have to think of other nationalities who eat a little later, so it's a time of compromise. I hope you understand

Benidorm old town is "alive" and it is great to see so many people about, rather than as you say out of season resorts that are like ghost towns. It gives the place atmosphere.

I certainly do hope you can return and less of the "popping the clogs", keep that positive energy going and come back soon!

On a serious note, reviews are very important to us and the business, so Thank You for taking your time to share your views on your stay.

Hasta la vista

Hotel RH Corona del Mar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coventry
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed here 11th-18th Feb, paid for a sea view,well worth it,weather was warm and sunny,on the beach every day, it got very chilly in the evening but the hotel was warm, food excellent, we went half board and could choose to have either lunch or dinner depending on our plans for the day.
All meals are buffet with a huge range, the beach is across the road and the old town 5 mins stroll away,we had a great time.
My only quibble was the room we were first allocated, room 512, it did have a sea view but was very small and didnt even have anywhere to put our luggage, there was no way we could have stayed in there for a week, overnight maybe. We were quickly offered an alternative by helpful staff on reception which matched the room description we were expecting from the website. I think 512 is a single room with twin beds in it! It could have ruined our holiday.
I would definitely stay here again, Benidorm is a great place to get a bit of winter sunshine and this hotel is a great place to stay in.

Room Tip: Pay for a sea view
1 Thank FazzaMP
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing about your half term holiday at the Hotel RH Corona del Mar in early February. Sorry it has taken time to respond, we are extremely busy at the hotel.

It's nice to hear that you went onto the beach and enjoyed some winter sunshine whilst you were here, it has been cold in the evenings but as you say the hotel is nice and warm.

I have let our head chef know you thought his food was excellent, he had his cheshire cat smile on when I told him. It really is good for the staff to have poositive feedback. Thank You.

We have various room types in the hotel and 512 is not a single, howvever I am pleased the room change was to your liking and that you had a great stay.

Once again my sincere thanks for sharing your thoughts and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon,

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at the Corona Del Mar 7th-14th February. As said in numerous previous reviews, the hotel is clean, friendly and comfortable. We paid for a sea view having read reviews prior to booking. I was very pleased we did. It was quite cool walking around as the weather was colder than usual for this time if year. The angle of the balconies meant that even when it was windy it was a little sun trap. I still came home with a little tan! I feel I must mention the food. We were full board. Although I can't really say there was anything wrong with the quality of the food, it did get repetitive, especially if you had lunch and dinner. I feel the selection of vegetables and type of potato dish was lacking in variety. There was chips with every meal and occasionally another type of potato for those who were 'chipped' out!
As dinner didn't start until 7.30pm everyone seemed to arrive together. This caused a lot of queuing as the buffet area is quite small compared with other hotels of a similar size.
The room was cleaned every day by Maria, who was friendly and polite, like all the other staff we encountered in the hotel.
I would definately stay here again, but would consider half board and eat out at lunch time and the occasional evening. The location is very good. A short walk to the old town and through to the Levante beach side. The Poniente side was very quiet and most of the bars closed, due to the time of year,but I am sure in the height of the season it must get very busy.

This was our first trip to Benidorm and we would definately go again at this time of year.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must.
1 Thank MusicalBabby
Dear Musical Babby,
Good Afternoon form a bright abd sunny spring day in Benidorm. I must apologise for not responding sooner, it has been a busy few days.

So many of our guests like to read the reviews on Tripadvisor and as you say much of the content is spot on with relation to the food, rooms and location.

I am very pleased that you managed to catch some of our beautiful sunshine in your little sun trap looking out onto the sea view, before you headed back to the UK. I am pleased you thought that the extra cost was worth paying.

I have already passed on your comments to the team and for them it is a great boost to be praised for their hard work, so Thank You.

I certainly hope you can come back to stay with us and it ws our pleasure having you in the hotel. Thank you for choosing RH Corona del Mar

Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My wife and I stayed at the corona for one week from the 14th to 21st of February.
The weather was not perfect at the start but the hotel was. All the staff were friendly and warm and welcoming, and I mean all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble. The food in the restaurant was excellent every day . We even had a very smart waiter deliver a bottle of champagne for my wifes birthday which was a lovely touch and we really appreciated it.
In fact all the spanish people we came in contact with in Benidorm were very friendly and welcoming.
The only blip was the final breakfast before we flew home.There were quite a few guests who had booked an early breakfast. We did not expect a cooked breakfast but we were struggling to find anything to sustain us, apart from one loaf of bread.
Would we stay here again. Oh god yes,every time.
All of you at the Corona should be very proud of yourselves, Thank you very much

Room Tip: Book sea view rooms,well worth it
4 Thank gazzarooni
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear Mr Blackpool!
Good morning from sunny Benidorm. I am really delighted with your review.

Firstly the weather, I agree very cold for a few days, if only we could controll it!

All our guests are very happy with the service at the Hotel, the staff are all indeed, welcoming and friendly.

I am pleased that your wife enjoyed her birthday treat and the sparkling cava we delivered to your room. I think the Barman you are referring to was Joaquin. I will pass on your comments to him and to all the staff, who will be delighted with your kind words. Thank You.

I have made a note about the breakfast and we will review this today.

I am very proud of all the staff and their dedication to you our guests. Equally it is very important for us that you have a great stay and feel encouraged to write and share your experience with fellow travellers. So Thank You too.

Hoping to see you again in the near future,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Lovely hotel with good food and in a great location. Worth paying extra for a sea-view, especially in winter when sea view balconies have full sun all day. A nice touch on Valentine's day when all females were given a carnation and every guest over 18 was given a glass of sparkling wine

Room Tip: Sea- view rooms
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Glesni1
Marta_Gomez, Manager at Hotel RH Corona del Mar, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Guest from Brecon,
Good Morning from Benidorm and a great start to the week, thanks to your recent review of the Hotel RH Corona del Mar.

The Hotel is in a great location and more and more guests who come to Benidorm like the location very much too, close to the Old Town and the shops, bars, restaurants etc...

I am very pleased that you enjoyed Valentine's at the Hotel, and the fact we gave all the ladies a flower and sparkling Cava for all. It was greatly appreciated by guests and looked fabulous on entering the restaurant.

Thank You for taking time to write about your stay and sharing your story with fellow travellers, it is very important to us to have feedback.

We hope that one day you we can welcome you back to the hotel, until then I send you my