US$373
  • Beachfront
US$976
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$1,221/night.

Melia Benidorm(Benidorm)
US$3,432
TripAdvisor
8,083 results
All reviewsswim up barocas poolpool areatv serieshalf boardfamily roombar staffsuperior roommain poolplenty of choiceindoor marketlarge poolbed and breakfastgreat poolkids clubevery nightgreat holiday
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Stayed here recently on a family break with my mother and my aunt.
We each had our own rooms on the 9th floor of the Pelicanos Building and the rooms themselves are lovely, cleaned daily and with mini fridge absolutely no complaints on the rooms or house keeping.

Check in was quick and easy however this is where one of my problems occurred as no-one mentioned when checking in we needed keys for the safe. We would have had no issue in paying for this but no-one told us. Every time we went to ask for safe keys throughout the duration of our stay reception was so busy we ended up not bothering. Maybe something to mention to your reception staff.

We found our floor to be extremely noisy at all hours throughout the evening and morning. Some people have absolutely no consideration for other guests. My door was actually chapped on a few different occasions by what i'm assuming was people looking to party - no thanks mate.

My biggest gripe has to be the food. Thankfully we were only bed and Breakfast.
I thought the breakfast was horrible and we only ate it once.
Food at the pool bar was also disgusting. I didnt know you could get Chips, Pizza and Pasta so wrong - boy i was wrong.

Special mention to bar man Oscar who always made an effort to smile and joke with us, Lovely guy.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa S
Dav_SolPel, Guest Experience Department at Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi Lisa S, thanks for leaving us a feedback of your stay among us. We see in your lines that you were satisfied with our rooms and the cleanliness. We deeply regret that the food were not as desired; we would like you would tell us while you were here, in order to propose a different menu for you. Also we pass your nice words to Oscar, he will much appreciated!! We hope in you next stay you could enjoy a fully satisfactory stay. Best regards. David Castro.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Avoid avoid avoid avoid got put in Ocas building above a loud bar views of kfc went to reception spoke to Maria no help at all wanted to move me in the same building instead of the other building where it wasn’t above a bar and just because it had a balcony unlike the room we had they want to charge 50 Euro absolute disgrace don’t know how they can justify it my first stay here my sons been up most of the night it’s his birthday this week and no we are stuck in the room to let him catch up on sleep you can’t play with balls lidos or anything in the pools as it is not allowed place is a joke avoid avoid avoid !!!!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Matty A
Dav_SolPel, Guest Experience Department at Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Matty A, thanks for your very quick feedback, after talking to us a couple of hours ago. We are so sorry, but as my partners told you, the money asked is the difference of price between the room you have booked, the Family, and the Family with Balcony in Pelicanos, 2 different types of room. If you go to our website, you could see the photos, and also you have videos in our Facebook page of any of these rooms. This upgrade is asked to any guest who want to change to another type of room, it is not fair for the rest giving it free. Also there is a mistake about the inflatables in your review, in Ocas pool they are allowed, just in Pelicanos pools are not allowed due to security reasons. We really hope that you enjoy your holiday. Kind regards. David Castro.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I am absolutely disgusted with the bias attitude of the staff in this complex. Firstly, I was denied entry to the pool as I had a bottle of water from a shop next door. However an elderly gentleman next to me had exactly the same bottle and was not stopped. When this was pointed out the staff member in question shouted at me in front of a number of other guests and made an extremely large scene over a 90cent bottle of water. Numerous other guests have bottles of water and even alcohol beverages on the pool side that are not purchased from the hotel. Again, this was pointed out and the staff members did nothing and very rudely stated I could not go past him. I have never been spoken to in this manner before and was shocked and upset by this experience; I am a young female and can only presume this was why I was stopped and not the gentleman next to me. This is absolutely disgusting!

Secondly, the manner that the staff members deal with problems is below satisfactory and unexceptable. I found myself stuck in the only working lift with 6 other people. Help did not arrive quickly and no apology was received from staff members. It is unacceptable to expect customers to walk 11 flights of stairs multiple times a day or risk getting stuck in a lift. Both lifts were then out of order for the rest of the day, as you can imagine this caused problems for all customers.

All problems were first reported to the reception staff, who I can not fault for their friendliness, but can for there lack of action and there ignorance to the problem. We never received a call from the manager as promised and we were simply ‘brushed under the carpet.’ Benidorm is a regular holiday destination for myself and my friends and family but never would I pay for this hotel again. It very much ruined our holiday.

If you aren’t comfortable being completely degraded and spoken to like an inferior then do not attend this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mb1467

Hi Mb1467, first of all, let us thank you for leaving us your feelings of your stay with us. We deeply regret that your stay were not as good as we desire. We apologize if our staff made you feel bad. Also we would like to remind that in the entrance of the lagoon pool there is a poster with the rules, and as we have bar service, one of the rules is that it is not allowed to bring drinks neither food. With this rule also we avoid bringing glass into our pool terraces, which is forbidden by the Spanish Health and safety regulations. We did have a problem with one lift, but not both lifts have been out of service together in Ocas. We also regret you were inside of it when it stop, please accept apologies from us. We send to you our best regards. David Castro.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Stayed in Pelicanos in April. Our room was spotless with nice views over the Ocas pool.
We found the staff really friendly and helpful. Raluca on reception went that extra mile to help with any requests & Javier in the Restaurant was extremely friendly.
It was my birthday when we were there and after a day out we came in to a bottle of bubbly and a card wishing me all the best a really nice gesture. We found the hotel to be in a good location. Food ok but vegetables not that good. Overall a really good stay and we would not hesitate to book again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alandeejay1

Dear alandeejay1, we would like to thanks you for reaching us the feelings of your good stay among us. It seems that the newly refurbished room, the staff, the little detail for your birthday and the central location were very satisfied for you. We deeply regret about the vegetables. And the best part is to read that you would come back, great news!! Till then, best regards. David Castro.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

First the good points the hotel is very clean and in a good location for most things in Benidorm ,however we found the food awful they was plenty of choice it was the standards of the cooking that was poor, also the Wi-Fi only seems to work part time in the lobby, Most of the staff where pleasant when we spoke to them but some of the staff could be quite rude we stayed half board so had to buy our drinks we bought some drinks from the bar by the pool in the Ocas and had our change literally throw back at us he then walked off muttering to himself. would we stay there again no they are plenty of better hotels in Benidorm we know we have stopped in some of them.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank roberthazlehurst
Dav_SolPel, Guest Experience Department at Sol Pelicanos Ocas by Melia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hi roberthazlehurst, thanks for leaving us a feedback of your stay among us. We see in your lines that you were satisfied with our cleanliness and our central location, which we really appreciate!! About the staff, we apologize if some of our staff weren't as friendly and welcoming as we would like. Also if you told us about the food while you were here, we could made a different manu for you. We hope that you give us another chance in the future. Best regards. David Castro.