“Amazing Food in lovely surroundings - I could have eaten my meal again it was so good.”
Review of The Unruly Pig

The Unruly Pig
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bromeswell
Price range: US$20 - US$52
Cuisines: Italian, British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are delighted to announce that we have reopened following significant refurbishment after our catastrophic fire. We have a new look, new menus and a brand new kitchen. The Unruly Pig is a 16th century Suffolk Inn. It has cosy log burners, original oak beams, sloping ceilings, Wi-Fi and an eclectic mixture of pop and local art: a traditional pub with a contemporary feel and ambience.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The Unruly Pig is a gem of a gastropub. The pub is located near picturesque Woodstock on the Orford Road.

The pub is a delightful mix of old and new with side order of cool. Exposed beams, with bold colours on the wall and some very cool posters, photos and paintings ranging from Chinese communist art, local landscapes, to Bowie, the Who and Keith Richards.

The young staff make you feel welcome and there is nice ambience about the place. We were shown to a table for two by one of the windows with a lovely view and offered water without having to ask.

The music is either a blessing or a curse depending on your tastes. It was primarily jazz of the sharkskin suit cool school genre, which I personally don't have a problem with at all. However, it was perhaps a bit loud for background music, but at least it wasn't cheesey muzak.

The menu is very understated and does not even hint at how amazing the food is. We opted for a bread platter to start off with which was plentiful and delicious. Although there were some mouthwatering choices on the main menu, we opted for chicken specials which were out of this world. I could have eaten my meal again it was so good.

The desert menu was equally delightful. My wife had a rumbaba and I opted for a white chocolate tartlet. This description doesn't do justice to food - you have to see and taste it.

The bill was very reasonable and well worth every penny.

It's definitely on the top of my "essential must visit again" list.

theunrulypig, Owner at The Unruly Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks for coming to The Unruly Pig and for your very kind review. The rum baba and white chocolate tartlet have been very popular deserts but next time you come to The Pig we will have something different again

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I visited this place with family for a birthday meal whilst in the throes of ''veganuary'' (vegan January), and despite mainly focusing on being a meaty gastropub, this place coped very well.

I had a lovely mushroom and pine nut pasta thing for my main. The pasta was made fresh that day and was worlds away from the dried stuff you cook at home!

For dessert, I had a fruity nut crumble with a pistachio topping and what I think was a rhubarb sorbet. The crumble was lovely, the sorbet not so much.

The cocktails were also great, I had something with gin and elderflower which tasted amazing. I would definitely go back - this time as a lowly vegetarian enjoying more than 1 option on the menu.

theunrulypig, Owner at The Unruly Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thanks very much for your review. We always have a dedicated vegetarian menu with vegan options so we look forward to welcoming back another time

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Can’t fault the Unruly Pig. We had to change our booking to the following evening from the original as one member of our party wasn’t feeling 100%. This was no problem at all. We were warmly welcomed and waited on by attentive staff who watched over us unobtrusively. The service was excellent and the food delicious. Being new to Woodbridge this is a place we will definitely be returning to!

theunrulypig, Owner at The Unruly Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Well welcome to Woodbridge and we will look forward to your return visit.Thanks for writing such a kind and encouraging review

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was my 2nd visit in a month. Had a fantastic meal on a quiet Monday evening during the snow, so decided to come back for a family get together at the weekend. Was a bit concerned that the food and service wouldn't be as good on a busy Saturday evening - but I needn't have worried.
Warmly greeted on arrival, the waitress was extremely knowledgeable about both the food and drink available. We had an early booking (7:15) but were still at the table at 10:30 - not because the service was slow, but because we enjoyed it so much! Was nice not to be hurried out for a 2nd sitting. Had 3 courses and coffee and the staff were attentive but not overbearing. Good staff really enhance an experience.
The food was wonderful, from the bread and arancini balls to start, to the incredible lamb dish for mains, and Pump Street chocolate orange dessert that was divine. The menu is reassuringly small, but there is still a good selection to choose from, including some good veggie options, which several of the party had, despite not being vegetarians.
It really is Masterchef/Michelin standard food, and the price is surprisingly reasonable. Each course is maybe just a pound or more than what you would pay for bog-standard pub grub. Was around £40 per head which we all thought was great value for the evening we had. Special mention to the Gin cocktail that was on as a special - delicious.
We are lucky to have a place like this in Suffolk - keep up the good work!

2  Thank Thorpedo22

Thank you for coming to The Unruly Pig twice in a month ! Thank you also for such kind kind comments which are much valued and appreciated

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Four adults, eleven kids for Easter Sunday lunch is always going to be a challenge to keep everyone happy - but the Unruly Pig achieved it from starters through to pudding. Very attentive service lead by Gemma. A drive to get there but absolutely worth it. We will be back again.

1  Thank Larrnynoodle
theunrulypig, Owner at The Unruly Pig, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thanks very much indeed for your kind review