“Good traditional Spanish food and very tasty wines”

Bodegon Los Toneles
Ranked #68 of 929 Restaurants in Murcia
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 20 October 2016

I think, this is the most typical Spanish/Murcian restaurant I have ever been. If I'll visit Murcia again, I'll definitively come back.

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I came across this restaurant purely by chance.
We ordered the three course lunch menu, which had about four choices for each course. Not Spanish speakers, we didn't know what we were ordering, but the waiter, who knew no English, brought us a delicious mixed salad, followed by an excellent paella, rounded off by a very tasty chocolate gateau.
We each had a glass of the house red and it was so smooth we ordered a bottle. When the bill came, which was already great value for money, they didn't charge us for the first glasses of wine !
A thoroughly enjoyable dining experience !

Reviewed 21 March 2016

This is one of the most typical and popular tapas bar in Murcia. The staff are friendly and the place is clean. Do not miss their grilled vegetables and scrambled eggs.

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

Fantastic little place nothing flash like some,but very busy you can't book a table,but is well worth strolling past and seeing if there's a spare table or a spot at the bar,you might get lucky or if not and your a patient sort well worth asking how long the wait might be for a place.

Serves very traditional Murcian food tapas and rations in a typical hustle and bustle atmosphere.

We had the higado con pimiento. calamar a la plancha.
Pincho moruno.
+ a good few more all bang on and cooked fresh in front off you and seriously good value to boot.

A special mention goes to the eggs with aubergine & onion (superb)
the Murcian for it escapes me at the moment but you'll see it.

we finished with tarta de la abuela (nan's cake)which the kids love, hope to pop back one day very soon smashing!

Reviewed 11 February 2015

A great little family run restaurant. The hot tapas was cooked to order and we were helped to choose the dishes by the friendly waiter, they were all delicious. We had five large tapas with a bottle of water and carafe of house wine and bread. The total was only 28.65 euros for two of us. We were given a shot of flavoured wine and nuts after we paid the bill. A nice touch.