“Absolutely wonderful !”
Review of Lua

Lua
Reserve with
Lua is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 11,190 Restaurants in Madrid
Price range: US$42 - US$71
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chamberi
Description: At Lua you can both eat informal food -tapas- at our new bar upstairs, or alternatively enjoy our signature cuisine by reknown Chef Manuel Dominguez, who elaborates a sophisticated Galician cuisine that will make your mouth melt in delight. Our specialities include 'nuggets' of lamb sweetbreads, octopus "a feira" and many traditional Galician dishes with a modern twist. Top cuisine in a great atmosphere. Ask about our VIP Lounge for your own private happenings.
Reviewed 7 February 2012

Booked this restaurant as a surprise birthday gift for my daughter who was meeting me in Madrid for a few days at the end of October. Decided to go there after reviewing many restaurants on tripadvisor. We weren't disappointed. We choose the tasting menu with accompanying wines and that was the best decision of the night . The selected wines made all the difference to our enjoyment of the food. The service was spot on also. And full marks to the chef/owner who, very generously ,on seeing how pleased we were with the food and wine, came to the table and presented my daughter with a copy of the menu and a copy of his recently published cookbook. A lovely ending to a great dining experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and hope to return there when next in Madrid.

2  Thank PetalGalwayIreland
There are newer reviews for Lua

Reviewed 31 January 2012

It was a great experience to dine out at Lua's. The food was excellent and very nice presented. For each course we got a good explanation in english.
The restaurant is small, but very cosy and friendly. I enjoyed the stay here more than in the cold and stylish Sergi Arola.
It was a perfect evening out at a very reasonable price! You absolutely have to go there on your trip to Madrid!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

This place had very good food to tell you the truth when we arrived I was not wowed by the look of the restaurant but the food really succeeded my expectations.

Our first course was called tapas y cañas (beer and tapas) I although it wasn't my favorite I loved the idea. After that everything was amazing specially the Cochinillo which was cooked to perfection (believe me i know my pork)

In order for you to enjoy this restaurant you really have to be open minded and try everything.

I would also suggest to spend the money and get the whole deal including the drinks it makes a difference...

1  Thank Mmvillanueva
Reviewed 5 January 2012

If you like taste food a very different way as usual then LUA is ideal.
You can not cook so in your kichen. several dishes in each dinner.
Nice price/quality relation.

Reviewed 23 December 2011

You do not have an a la carte choice so let them know if there is something you don't like. Its a small restaurant so book ahead. The service is friendly, the food is mildly flavored so you can discern each ingredient. It is all very well done and all at 40 euro.

1  Thank Navigaytion