Free cancellation until 28/07
US$87
US$126
US$113
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$166
US$150
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
US$152
US$96
  • Room Service
Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Barajas(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$97
Trip.com
US$354
US$336
  • Pool
All reviewsfunky hotelthe main hotellarge apartmentsister hotelshower headcity breakpleasant stayairport shuttlegreat roommetrospain
Reviewed 14 November 2014

The location of the hotel was excellent. However, our room was dark and only had a bath with handheld shower head, meaning water went everywhere. The hotel supplied no toiletries which I thought was poor for the price paid.

• Stayed: September 2014
habal, Director General at Hotel Abalu, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Abalu Hotel. We are really sorry that you felt unconfortable. We do have bigger rooms and as you know every one is different, so hopefully next time we can give you a better stay at Abalu. Please, accept again our apologies for the inconveniences caused by the ammenities missing. Please let us know during your stay about everything that is not all right, so it is opportunity to solve it and improve your experience.

We are really glad to hear that you could enjoy the attractions and the location.

Please, receive our warm regards.

Reviewed 12 November 2014

It was supposed to be a romantic getaway booked by my boyfriend but this hotel just ruined us the entire experience. I'm quite used to 4 stars or boutique hotels and the ABALU looked very good on the website but little I knew that instead was a clear example of how you should never design a boutique hotel.
Nowadays a woman doesn't care how cool the furniture in the lobby of a hotel looks like if she cannot see herself in the mirror or if she cannot take a shower without the risk to badly injured herself. In the suite where I stayed there was no room for my bag, no chance to recharge my devices, the place was noisy and the corridor did smell quite bad. I was very much looking forward to take a bath in the jacuzzi but the bath tub in my suite is a joke...it doesn't even have a tap to keep the water in it.

Wifi connection?..........not even in the lobby! Shampoo? nope! enough towels for the entire day? nope! a cleaning lady that change sheets when they are stained? nope! a night stand big enough to hold my phone and few other small objects? noooope!

I felt really bad for my boyfriend when he hurt himself badly by slipping on the steps of the shower. I could barely walk on them myself while wet.

I suggest to every women out there to never book a room in this hotel, the staff is not friendly and the management doesn't give a damn about the well being of their guests. What a pity! Now that I read lots of other negative comments I really don't understand how this hotel can still stay in business, my boyfriend book it because recommend by a friend but we then found out that this friend actually never stayed at Abalu.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2014

This hotel is just a pity full attempt to make a cool hotel without having a clue about what guests really needs during a stay in a hotel.
This place really looks amazing from the website but the only thing that is truly amazing is how incompetent has been whoever designed this hotel and the staff who is running it.
Here few of the many issues I had during my stay:
- in the suite there is no room for luggage, the little bag holder in front of the sink is just not big enough and it makes too narrow for anyone to comfortably enjoy the bathroom area
- the bathroom area is badly illuminated so that a woman cannot really do the make up. So we try to use the small rounded mirror but the battery was off, so right away, the first day, we took the mirror to the front desk to ask for the battery to get replace it, but we never saw it again
- if you take a shower the water slowly get to the sink area wetting all the towels and everything is around the sinks. Whoever is the architect who designed the bathrooms should go back to school
- the steps that take up to the shower are basically out the the international regulation for indoors public bathroom. They have only a single narrow grip tape line right in the center of them which is totally useless to avoid slipping on the steps. In fact on saturday I did slip and I bounced with my butt on 2 step and badly hurt my left arm and butt......I guess you don't want to see the pictures of these details but I'll be more happy to show them to you. The main issue is those steps should be totally covered with grip tape or made out of sandblasted wood. The other issue is that there is no handrail. Again, whoever designed your bathroom just wanted them to make them look cool but nothing functional.
-the "jacuzzi" bathtub doesn't have a proper tap but only a light plastic cover for the drain hole so it takes 3 times more the normal amount of water to fill the tub and when you are in, it takes a second to get it of its position
- they spent thousands of euros to buy and install a digital video projector and they dare asking money to their customer to watch a movie???
- they offer a suite service to they customers and they dare asking 10 euro per day to get wifi?
- so bottom line, I didn't pay the 10 euro and I didn't watch the movie but if they would add 10 euro per day per room, the customers would be amazed of the service they have been offered.
- the free wifi service in the lobby is so slow that it took 1 entire night to download a song. Even one of the receptionist suggested us to use the pirate bar free wifi connection
- they offer a suite service but they place the safe box in the most uncomfortable location and anyone can walk in and take the safe away because it's just resting on the ground......
- the first day the cleaning lady left 2 rags o the bed
- the same cleaning lady didn't change the sheets that were stained
- the same cleaning lady didn't bother refresh the bed
- That genius of your architech placed only 1 plug next to the bed and it supposed to be used by the night stand lamp so no chance to recharge your device but thanks god with have a digital projector
- The bathroom of the upper floor makes lots of noise everytime someone goes to the toilet
- they dont offer shampoo or conditioner.......even a 50 euro per night motel gives shampoo away for free
-an ipad at the front desk is used to get the customers to check in at the reception but it doesn't face the customers so only left handed can really sign
- the corridord that takes from the lobby to my room always smelled bad

PLEASE DONT IGNORE MY REVIEW! I'M TOTALLY SERIOUS! IF YOU FIND A ROOM IN ANOTHER HOTEL PLEASE AVOID THIS TERRIBLE PLACE.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst traveling across Spain. The staff were very welcoming. we arrived 1 hour earlier so (as expected) we couldn't be given a room but they kept our bags whilst we went exploring.

The location is really good as its only 2 minutes away from the subway station and there are loads of restaurants and bars for the evening.

Don't take the lift if you can't stand tight and small places.

The room we got was very small for the price we paid. don't be fooled by the description saying you have a balcony as it really is a huge window - why? cause there's the ac unit installed there taking up all the space.

The room could also have been designed much better in my opinion. there wasn't even room to put our bags - we ended up moving the side tables and chairs to make space. The hydro-shower didn't work properly either.

breakfast in my opinion is over-priced. its not a buffet - you only have 2 options: sweet or savory. cannot have a mixture of both. I would suggest skipping the breakfast and find a cafeteria - there's one just a few doors down.

and beware of breakfast times. during the week it starts at 7am but on the weekends it starts at 9am cause everyone sleeps all morning - not so convenient for tourists.

Overall it was a nice but run-down hotel. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is used to 4 or 5 stars hotels as this certainly is not a 4 star hotel. possibly a 3 - if any.

Room Tip: No breakfast - over priced and you can get better deals around the area.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2014

Although we were satisfied with our stay, do read the negative comments on here before you book.
Having booked 6 months prior to our stay I was hoping we would at least get a room with street view but instead we had very, very dark room and the view of the window was so bad it was better to keep the thick curtains on at all times.

Location is great.

Staff are helpful, speak english well.
The lobby is nice, well decorated.

The breakfast room is SO CUTE! Fantastic decoration there but bear in mind before you book it (Euro 7,50 p/p p/n) that the breakfast is ONLY pastry. You have two choices - sweet or savoury and whichever you choose it consists of pastry only. I personally found it very heavy to start the day with.

Overall, hotel needs improvements but it is alright for a short stay.

Room Tip: When booking, make sure to get a street view, if you can't get a guarantee from the hotel for street view you are better off somewhere else.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple