See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

The bathroom is tiny and unclean. You can barely move in the bathroom and have to squeeze sideways to move (and I'm tall but not particularly big).
The room had a ramp from the door to the bed. The room smells bad. Really really bad. At least there was a window to open - but not in the bathroom, the stink stays there.
Not particularly welcoming staff.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Josele G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hostal Inter Puerta Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

We feel that you had that bad experience, your assessment helps us to improve, thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

I would look elsewhere for accommodation. Although the price is great and rooms were small but sufficient it is on a street with a nightclub for a start. To add to that we got covered from head to toe in bed bug bites and have been itching for days later since our holiday. The frustration of the itching spurred me on to write this review.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 May 2015

Don't trust the photos you may see!
We were supposed to stay there for 3 nights. Upon the arrival we checked in and... made a mistake paying in advance. Then we went to see the room. It was in the end of long narrow and dark corridor on a second floor. After opening the door we thought that by mistake entered into some service-room or closet. But no - it was a room the prepared for me and my wife. Something of triangular shape, 5-6 square meters and not place to put the bag..... But the main surprise was that it HAD NO WINDOW. Bathroom's door I could hardly open. We asked the reception for another one as we didn't get used to sleep in a closet or wardrobe, but they rejected as there were holidays in Madrid and all the rooms were sold out (later on I saw a family of 4 persons checking in 2 "normal size" rooms with windows at around 2.30 in the morning). So the receptionist simply lied to us saying that there were no vacant rooms at the moment we checked in. They promised us to find a bigger one next day and offered to use the air-con remote for free (!!!) as a compensation.
So we stayed.... But at night we realised that we were not alone in the bed. There were... BEDBUGS (CHINCHAS DE CAMA - for those in the Tijcal who doesn't understand English). My wife was bitten and she is allergic for that kind of things. I saw the signs of being bitten on my hands in couple of days. It was disgusting. Then we spent app. three hours at the reception looking for another place to stay in Madrid. The reception guy pretended to help and immediately agreed to return the money we had paid (still have not reached my account 10 days after). Finally the Booking-com helped us. We asked the guy to call us a taxi and he said that they may call taxi only for the CLIENTS and SOLELY TO THE AIRPORT.....
Finally we managed to get to another NORMAL hotel at around 4.30 in the morning.
Now I regret - we didn't call the police to fine this.... bloody place.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank govorun72
Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

The bedrooms are very small, the walls dirty and the bathroom is minuscule. Staff is nice but they charge your credit card before the check out and without noticing the guest. The unique nice thing is the location.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jvvch
Reviewed 11 September 2014 via mobile

Just ok. To loud at night. No baby cot. Not for families. Tried to get hot water for baby's milk but it was impossible. Toilet looks bad. Was afraid to take shower. Good for some1 who really wants to save money n sleep wherever.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family