“Keep on being excellent”
Review of Alcaravea

Alcaravea
Ranked #386 of 11,562 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This is one of my favourites restaurant in Madrid. Every time I visit the city I try to go. I was recently with some foreigner friends and they enjoyed it as much as I always do. Pulpo asado, burrata-tomato salad and flores de calabacín are for me mandatory. I'll be back!

delolmocasas, Propietario at Alcaravea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Dear Jesús M, in that case we will be waiting for you with the table set. Thank you very much for trusting us and for sharing your opinion.

Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Maybe a bit off the tourist path but well worth it.
Excellent food and atmosphere. Wold recommend the octopus and the calamari and the beef. Very friendly and helpful staff that can guide you through both on and off the menu list.
Definitely would go again.

1  Thank Emanuel F
delolmocasas, Propietario at Alcaravea, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Emanuel F in that case we will wait for you again. It will be a pleasure to be of service to you again. Thank you for trusting us.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

A very good example of the benefits of creative good value menu del dia. In an inviting restaurant well run with friendly staff .. bottom line the place is humming

delolmocasas, Propietario at Alcaravea, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

howardfarm thanks for your opinion. It has been a palce to assist you!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

After almost nearly two years, we happily returned to Alcaravea and once again were not disappointed. The great service and delicious food continue. The Secreto Pork is NOT to be missed; It is a highly sought-after pork, a special cut, from the famous Bellota Pigs. Make sure to order half portions of everything because the portions are generous and that allows more room in your tummy to try as many dishes as possible. The fish, the calamari, the mushrooms, the green peppers are all favorite dishes. Can't recommend this place enough!

delolmocasas, Propietario at Alcaravea, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thank you very much for your opinion and for visiting us after two years. We wish you not to spend so much time to see you again and that you can continue enjoying our gastronomic offer. See you soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This was a lucky choice as I used Tripadvisor as a guide , but at the time this was well down the list....
The staff were very welcoming and helpful advising us on the menu. We had heard that the barbecued beef was very good so we went with that as well as some bbq octopus and a salad and some chips. The KILO of beef ( between 2)was served rare and ready sliced for us and was delicious and they offered to cook it a little more if we thought it was too rare. The Octopus was my favourite being crispy on outside and super tender inside and seasoned beautifully. The owner recommended a Ribeiro del Duero which at €30 was not cheap but was the classiest thing that passed my lips that week , and a perfect partner to the beef. We the succumbed to the cheeseboard which had some delicious and interesting local cheeses. All in all a terrific find and one I'd recommend to anyone visiting Madrid looking for authentic home cooking away from the tourist traps at a reasonable price.
I have to add that our visit was in 2014 , but I seriously doubt it's changed much , going by some of the more recent comments .

1  Thank bratsche-scratcher