2,483 results
All reviews red level dry martini dry bar martini bar clarins products the hard rock cafe private lounge leading hotels of the world plaza colon premium room turn down service salamanca area luxury hotel beautiful hotel tapas breakfast buffet is upon check
Reviewed 2 January 2016

An old-style hotel chosen for its location for business reasons. This busy city centre hotel provides compact but well-furnished traditional-style rooms. Bathroom was cramped but provisioned well. Comfortable bed.
Staff friendly and helpful in this very busy establishment.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
SandraHernandez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Fenix, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with all the readers. We place great importance in providing our guests great experiences. I and the rest of the team we are so happy to hear about your opinion regarding our and all the service.

I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel during your stay in Madrid. We look forward to have the opportunity of welcoming you back before too long.

Best Regards

Reviewed 31 December 2015

At this level of quality Dry Martini needs better english speaking skills.Superior communication skills can better your chances for success in attaining your service goals. It is difficult to get a waiter to understand you.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Charles C
SandraHernandez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Fenix, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2016

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to send your comments further to your recent stay at Gran Meliá Fénix.

I was very sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations regarding your overall stay. Allow me to sincerely apologize and I assure you that all your comments have been brought up to the designated departments to follow-up and to avoid such incident to re-occur. Should you have any comments which you would like to share, please do not hesitate to contact us. This will definitely assist us in achieving the high standards of service we are aiming.
I would love to personally take care of your next reservation to ensure you an unforgettable experience and allow you to recover your trust in us.
Looking forward to have this occasion soon, I remain at your complete disposal.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2015

Stayed in one of the suites, great size and pretty decently furnished. Great location that is close the shopping area and most locations are a nice stroll to, around 15 - 30min, or you can just grab a cab downstairs. Decent open bar at the lounge as well. However, as expected from these more traditionally furnished rooms, there are not enough electric sockets near the bed, making charging and using a bit awkward. Great hotel nonetheless.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank jhc522

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such nice words on your most recent stay, and you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are thrilled you took advantage of our exquisite location, only a few steps away from all the amazing sights and attractions of our beautiful city, as well as the shopping possibilities and that you had the opportunity to spend an excellent stay in one of our beautiful suites.

I am glad to read you enjoyed our Dry Martini Bar, one of the main meeting points for Madrid’s society.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Gran Meliá Fénix, in a very near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2015

The arrival experience was exceptional from the doorman to the front desk agent. We were given an upgraded room and left to explore the city, very happy with our choice.
Later, after our return, the experience turned bad. We were awakened in the middle of the night by what sounded like the guest in the room above us rearranging the furniture. Unfortunately, this continued most of the night and into the early morning. What pushed me over the edge was my wife returning from breakfast and finding a (male) room cleaner in the room who did not leave but continued to clean with her (by herself) in the room.
The hotel moved us to another (smaller) room but I must confess that for a self proclaimed 5 star hotel they have a long way to go to achieve that status.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim S

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your point of view on Trip Advisor.

We do apologize if your experience at Gran Meliá Fénix, did not fully met your expectations, and be assured that your concerns have been passed on to the staff and management.

Our ongoing effort for amelioration is a key element for providing excellent customer service at any time.

Please, do not hesitate to let us know of your next visit in Madrid as it would be for us a great opportunity to change your opinion about our property.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 December 2015 via mobile

I just checked in today and found out somehow my AmexPlatTravel messed up my reservation. The hotel refused to sort out the issue with my travel agent so the hotel simply added extra 120 euro a day to my room and decline to offer me the dinner which supposedly included in my booking. Also the room has not even one bottle of water and I was charged several Euro for two bottle water. Furthermore, it seems the staff almost no one speak English except front desk. So do not stay in this hotel unless you are traveling on business alone.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lingang
SandraHernandez, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Gran Melia Fenix, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2016

Dear Mr. Gang,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having chosen the Gran Meliá Fénix during your trip to Madrid as well as for sharing your experience during the check in process with us.

We are sorry to know that your impression about our efficient staff did not reach your expectations. As soon as you arrived at the Hotel, the Front Desk staff tried to do their best to intermediate between your Travel Agency and you in order to solve the misunderstanding with your reservation.

In the meantime, we have proceeded to provide you with the room corresponding to your actual booking and we are currently awaiting any further contact from the Travel Agency of your choice in order to modify the reservation.

We remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you may need during this process,

With best regards,