“Terrible service, food not much better ”
Review of Don Jamon

Don Jamon
Ranked #2,621 of 12,982 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Centro
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

My friend and I went here looking for a light but enjoyable breakfast. We did not find it here. The food was greasy and nothing to write home about but what really disturbed me was the service. I know that service isn't exactly what it is in the states but our waiter was down right rude. After my friend ordered it was my turn. I wasn't exactly sure so I paused before stating what I wanted. Apparently I paused too long (literally about 5 seconds) and our waiter just walked away without saying anything. He finally came back and my friend asked to get a tostada (some bread) with her eggs and bacon, the waiter said no! He said she can't change the menu and if she wanted bread with her breakfast she would have to order it separate. We were never asked how we wanted our eggs they just gave them to us. Then We had salt and pepper on our table and another table asked the waiter for some, without saying a word he came and took it off our table without saying anything while we were in the middle of eating it, not even asking if we were done with it or not. I could go on but let's just say I won't be going back!!!!

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 17 August 2017

This bar/restuarant is on the Grand Via Its a nice place to sit and have a drink/tapas. We had breakfast here and it was very good. we had bacon and fried eggs Coffee and it was reasonably priced especially considering you are on the main street of Madrid. Staff are friendly and food is reasonably priced

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The place is well located in Gran Via in Madrid, although aside of hams hung arround all over the place, the restaurant is mediocre or even less, the service is just not with you, they are talking with in them all the time, and at the time they serve you looks like they are making you a favor. The food is good although not extremely good just good, but for the price, you can go anywhere else and you will enjoy much more.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

This is the place for lovers of pig in its every cured form. We stopped in here for a pre-theatre drink and were so impressed that we returned for post-show sangria. Therein lay the problem - the sangria was truly awful. Sweet and sickly and lacking in any alcohol that could be discerned. But that is not to detract from the atmosphere at this popular eatery. Inside or out - both are different but great - you can be assured of an entertaining time. Staff are attentive, and the prices fair.

Just avoid the sangria!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Great wee traditional place for value tapas and drinks in the main Grand Via area. Loved sitting people watching and enjoyed the tapas. Service was great and so cheap too.

Date of visit: April 2017