US$277
US$184
  • Restaurant
US$112
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$189/night.

US$255
US$196
US$161
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Francisco I(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$108
Official Hotel Site
US$329
US$312
Priceline
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$392/night.

US$135
US$110
Priceline
  • Room Service
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The receptionist was very helpful and friendly and the lent us a hairdryer and gave us 2 extra carrier bags for all the stuff we had bought. Room 1 has its own shower inside the room and all rooms have aircon and fridge. Cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: Room 1 has its own shower inside the room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank prebenarly
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We would recommend not to carry valuable objects with you since our door did not close well. the room was noisy, since walls were extremely thin and we could hear people conversation next door. clean bathrooms. nice and helpful personnel. very good location close to everything.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen V
Reviewed 2 May 2013

It is what it says on the tin. Excellent location for central Madrid and the gay/party district. The place is extremely basic but clean. My room was on the top floor, I was a bit surprised that it was windowless - only a small window above the door looking onto the corridor. The corridor itself was overlooking an inner courtyard, so there was no noise from the street.

However earplugs are highly recommended because the walls are very thin so you hear everything every time someone comes back and opens/closes door. Also slippers or flipflops in which you can go out to the bathroom.

All in all, when you are out exploring the city and only go to the room to sleep, it is sufficient. The free wifi worked fine and was very efficient. Just one warning for those adventurous types who might go out with the intention of hooking up, in this hostal (and I suspect, generally), you are not allowed to bring back guests to your room.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelBoy83
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Great place to stay, clean and simple. The building is a little old, but it's fine. Really nice staff, and great location near Gran via and the subway. We had a great experience!
The next time I'll certainly stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank viviannlee
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed in the hostal Machin from the 18th of August in a private room. It was a fine place to stay, I've stayed in better but I've also stayed in worse places. The location is perfect, less than a minutes walk from the Gran Via metro station. The first time walking down the street I couldn't find the building because they only have a tiny sign over the intercom, but if you look at the building numbers instead you shouldn't have any problems. The street itself can seem with kinda seedy - I'm not sure if the women hanging around were prostitutes or not - but it's very safe. The staff were fine, it seems to be one guy working at reception, but he was helpful when I needed directions.

The bad things about this place are that they don't have much of a communal area. There is a terrace for smoking but that closes at 10pm. The worst thing was that I didn't have a window in my room. They have fans over the head of the bed, but at night some natural ventilation would have been nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo