Melia Madrid Princesa
US$105
US$94
Melia.com
  • Room Service
Novotel Madrid Puente de la Paz(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$93
  • Pool
NH Madrid Ventas(Madrid)(Great Value!)
US$101
  • Restaurant
US$411
US$347
2,548 results
All reviewslevel loungeventura rodriguezlevel servicegrand premium roomlevel experiencemetro stationplaza espanaroyal palacetapasexcellent hotelpaellaper daymodern hotelbreakfast buffet iscentral locationmain attractionsgym
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I booked the Level Premium King and ended up with mixed feelings about this. Check in was smooth and polite. The room itself was exceptionally large with more than enough space to relax and spread out, having a lounge area, double basin, separate shower and jacuzzi. The room was also on the uppermost level with a gorgeous view of the city. The decor was truly ugly though. It looks like this hotel was conned by some decorator whose claim to fame had nothing to do with talent. The color scheme is truly garish. Try combining brown carpet, mink walls, red couch, red and black wall hangings and you start to get the picture. The wall hangings were truly annoying as they were this cheap and tacky Chinese junk that cost about $50 at flea markets. The TV reception was also terrible, with about half the channels not viewable due to distorted pictures. As, for the Level experience, this is a waste of money. The snack options included in the Level Lounge are nothing to be impressed with. The breakfasts here are a waste of time. How can a hotel call the Level experience superior, charge more for it and then have a far worse breakfast choice available to its guests than the general dining area? Go figure. As with several other comments, I agree that the service in the general breakfast area leaves much to be desired. Staff don't really care, tables are not cleaned quickly, replenishments often have to be requested before anything is done. The location of this hotel is good but not exceptional. You're still a 25 minute walk to Sol. The metro stop is, however, very close. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Max2502
MeliaMadridPrincesa, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Madrid Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Max2502,
Firstly, we appreciate the time taking of making these comments about your recent stay in Meliá Madrid Princesa.

We are sincerely sorry because your experience in The Level did not exceed your expectations. Your comments are the most valuable assistance to identify possible mistakes or lacks of information so we can solve them and improve them.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences caused.

We would be delighted if we could have a new opportunity to prove our best customer caring.

At your entire disposal,

Reviewed 15 May 2012

they gave me an uprgade to a grand premium room
the bed was really big ! i enjoyed the bathroom, the shower and the tv but the shower could have been better
i enjoyed the decoration of the room : nice design
breakfast buffet : not what I expect . I prefer the German breakfasts. Products were OK but I found them not good enough to pay 19 EUR !

Excellent if you want to be in city center
Nice Check in girl, check out was not nice, he did not ask if I had a good stay !

I confirm, it is not a quiet hotel (noise from the road and from other rooms)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
MeliaMadridPrincesa, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Madrid Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear Doggygris,

It is always a pleasure to receive a review from an usual tripadvisor community member like you, so we thank you very much for spend some time giving us your feedback.
We are glad to know that you enjoy your stay with us and we apologize for not reaching your expectations in some areas .

It will be a pleasure for us to have you again in Meliá Madrid Princesa and we will try to do our best to ensure you have a full pleasant experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here last week just overnight for business, had a very good experience with no complaints. On the recommendation of colleagues, I had asked for a refurbished room and was not disappointed, it was large and very well equipped with both toiletries and personal incidentals such as toothbrush kit and shaving kit and also CD player etc. Bed was super comfy and the pillows were fabulous, made fro a good nights sleep. Only slight issue was some road noise which woke me a couple of times.

The room was very modern and had funky red and blue colours, but I didn't find this off-putting, it was fun and the coulered bedside tables were very cool. Reception staff were very helpful and quick.

I had breakfast included in my rate and this was very ggod, a wide selection to choose from and good quality. Overall a very good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room
Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
MeliaMadridPrincesa, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Madrid Princesa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Dear Mooncats,
we really appreciate your time taken on making this comment on Tripadvisor.

Your comments have an incredible value for other customers who are thinking of staying with us. Receiving positive feedback as yours motivate all our Human Team in our daily improvement to get the highest standard in all matters.

Looking forward to receive you again in Meliá Madrid Princesa.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I dont know how these people can leave bad feed back for a hotel that has very high standards. I was over the moon when we arrived at this hotel. It is well decorated, luxurious and clean. What more do you want from a well priced 5 star hotel??!! Other 5 star hotels we looked at had old fashioned decor and we prefer modern.
The standard room we had was more than ample for two adults wanting to explore the city. There was a desk to work from if you were on business etc.
The bathroom was well designed and done to a high standard and there wasn't any leaks from the shower. Even if there was, it isn't a big deal, these things happen. The hair dryer in the room was of a good quality.
We had room service on one occasion which was fantastic. Other than that we didn't eat in the hotel. We had a gift voucher of €40 a day to spend at the hotel, either on food, drink, mini bar etc. We didn't really use this to its potential but was a great plus as we had several things from the mini bar.

The rooms aren't sound proof completely but what rooms are. The double bed we had was huge and very comfortable with a choice of several pillows.

The dressers at the side of the beds have mood lighting that you can change the colour of, nice addition but we didn't use these. The reading lights above the bed were great. And the speaker in the bathroom for the tv was a nice addition.

I've already recommended this hotel to friends we liked it a lot, its also in a great location.

I've never review hotels on here but i often read them. It really annoys me when people moan about tiny little details. I'm sure there are tiny problems with their own homes!
A leaky shower is a popular one. Who cares that the shower leaks a little!!

Anyway - great hotel!!

Room Tip: I mentioned it was our anniversary and we got a nice bottle of champers in our room on arrival. Make sure you ask for a double bed.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer W

Dear Ms. Jennifer,
we do really appreciate all this positive feedback you have written.
Thank you for your time taken and for sharing your comments with us as it is a pleasure to know that you had a great time.

Receiving comments such as yours motivate and estimulate all our Human Team making us feel proud and satisfied with our daily effort to get the best stay for every customer who comes to Meliá Madrid Princesa.

We would be delighted of welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I didn't book the most expensive room in this hotel but was still expecting a 5 star hotel would have some kind of a standard. I was sooo wrong. The rooms are small, the decoration sleezy, trying to be modern but cheaply done with plywood. The corridors are in horrible worn-out red carpet which reminds me of karaoke joints. Sound proofing is non existent so I heard everyone on the same floor slamming their doors. I found lip prints on tumblers in my room. The so-called spa is manned by a equally sleezy guy. The check-in process was certainly an experience - we were not treated politely nor professionally. Then we asked for a kettle for a cup of tea, the guy at the check-in desk flatly said they don't have kettles. I asked again later and another lady told me only people at superior rooms can have a kettle. It was so "nice" to be treated as a "valued" guest. Would I go back or recommend this to any one - absolutely NOT!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Katrina W

Dear Ms. Katrina,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your time taken writting this feedback about your stay with us. Comments such as yours help us to correct possible mistakes and create new procedures to avoid any similar situation in the future.

We regret your negative impression of our hotel as our aim is to exceed our customers expectations.
Please do accept our most sincere apologies for all these inconveniences.
It would be a great pleasure for us to count with a new opportunity to demostrate our professionalism and our best customer care.

At your entire disposal,