We stayed for 4 nights in May 2012. For a tourist, the location is very good. 5 mins walk to Plaza de Espana and right next to metro station Ventura Rodriguez.
The room was on the 4th floor. It was big enough, with a little traffic noise, but that is inevitable. Overall the room was very good. It had no view and was a little gloomy but the beds, bathroom and shower were excellent. We had breakfast at a café next door and paid about a tenth of the price.
The reason why I’m giving it a low score is because I left my mobile phone in the room when I left, probably in the safe. When I was back in the UK, we called the hotel 3 times, each time they said they would look for it and we should call back later. Finally we emailed them, but they did not reply.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2008 and located just steps away from Madrid main square Plaza de España, this modern Hotel offers spectacular views of the Royal Palace and Casa de Campo. Perfectly situated within walking distance of Gran Via, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol and Madrid's main museums (Prado, Thyssen,...). In addition, a Metro stop can be found right at the entrance of the hotel allowing convenient travel to the airport or Madrid's main local attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Melia, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Madrid Princesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Madrid Princesa Hotel Madrid
- Sol Melia Madrid Princesa