“Gluten Free”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malasaña
Reviewed 22 June 2017

We choose this restaurant because it was recommended for Gluten Free food. It was very disappointing and we would not
recommend. It was quiet when we visited but service was really slow, and food was only fair. My husband was finished his dinner by the time mine came out, wrong entree brought first, switched out, I had no confidence that it was in
fact Gluten Free. Did not enjoy and would not recommend
I found it on a Gluten Free app. but it was a disappointment.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I left this restaurant stuffed. The lasagna is extremely cheesy so you don't want to take it home as a leftover - it is best when eaten fresh from the oven. I thought the food was tasty and the tiramisu was really yummy. Definitely will go again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We chose this restaurant for dinner. We had read good reviews so we desided to visit the place for a try. The restaurant is very big but we visited it at Saturday night and it was overcrowded. Fortunately, they found as a table in a good place. The staff was very polite, some of them speak English. They have a different gluten free menu, ask to bring it to you. Even though the restaurant was overcrowded, service was perfect and quickly. I think the food was average. Nothing special and little pricy for what we ate. We had a gluten free salad, gluten free pasta, tagliata and 2 beers for €45. Nice place with some locals and lot of tourists.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

OK, OK... why is my first restaurant review in Madrid from an Italian restaurant? My wife's niece is on a gluten free diet and Da Nicola was her choice. I must say I was looking forward to some tapas or traditional Spanish cuisine; but Nicola was very good. For starters, it does not open for dinner until 8:30p so don't count on an early senior citizens special ha ha. Anyway, the atmosphere is modern. The restaurant is clean and the service is prompt and friendly.

My wife had a steak dish that was quite tasty. I had the black spaghetti with garlic shrimp. It was really quite good. We shared a bottle of red wine that cost us a whooping $19. I other words, it is a good restaurant with good prices and tasty food. I would definitely recommend Nicola!

Reviewed 6 May 2017

We had been eating tapas and jamon and I wanted pizza! So our hotel (Tryp Gran Via) mentioned Da Nicola was close by so we went for lunch. The special was a salad and pasta or pizza, and it was so good!! Great wine, bread, olive oil, everything was just perfect.
I took two of my friends back for dinner- we shared two appetizers, an entrée, lots of wine and coffee and dessert. Total cost was 70 euros...It would have been twice that much in Dallas! Service was excellent also