“Why pay for Michelin stars? Casanis delivers high quality at good prices.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casanis Madrid - CLOSED

Casanis Madrid
Price range: US$37 - US$59
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Huertas
Madrid, Spain
“Why pay for Michelin stars? Casanis delivers high quality at good prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Went recently with my partner to celebrate a birthday, so expectations were high. Before I made reservations, I discovered that this restaurant was ranked #1 out of more than 3000 Madrid restaurants at this website. That alone was very telling. The room is a comfortable spot near Palza de Santa Ana, decorated in naive mediterranean themes, The menu is more french-inspired than classic French, with interesting French-Vietnamese touches. We had a starter of pate de la maison with cornichons, french oysters and some vietnamese rolls, everything very good. My main was a fantastic guinea fowl stuffed with foie gras. It was not good, it was perfect. Layered, complex, rich and yet unpretentious, a truly memorable dish. My companion had a duck magret, equally well executed, and equally memorable. We shared a dessert of panna cotta with berries. The bill came under 100€ total, with two glasses of champagne and two glasses of good Ribera. Service was impeccable without breathing on our necks. We didn't want to leave! This restaurant is a gem, and we are planning to go back soon and try other wonders.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Tauranga, New Zealand
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Having eaten in Casanis's sister restaurants in Marbella many times we were very excited to try this one. The menu was quite similar (which was good). However it lacked the same atmosphere as the Marbella restaurants (but this may be due to it being midweek). Overall I'd definitely recommend this restaurant.

Visited February 2012
“The best restaurant in the whole stay in Madrid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

The food was excellent. Very tasty and adorable presentation of the dishes. Even though it wasn't very full we know for sure it was beacause we went on a tuesday night, we tried to book it on saturday but it was full. the service was very good (the waiter spoke perfect english and french) and the place was nice, overall, for the average price of restaurants in Madrid, it is not very expensive (main courses from 16-20 €). The desserts were unbelievably good, personally one of the best fudge brownies and creme brules i've ever had. If you are staying in Madrid don't miss eating here one night!

Olvera, Spain
“Delightful and delicious.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

At nine pm the restaurant was nearly empty, but prettily lit and all prepared for guests. The floor staff of two, owner and employee, were welcoming but not fawning. The interiors were pleasing. Later in the evening, on a Wednesday, the place was full and the waiters were hustling like crazy to keep everyone attended, and they did a great job, but I do not recommend being in a hurry. My meal took two solid hours and I did not have coffee or dessert. O a weekend i would allow 3 hours. I had not expected a French restaurant, and it isn't really, more continental in general, but with French leanings. I adored my Vietnamese spring roll--could have eaten six. The special of cream of shrimp soup was as rich and heady as dessert. My ensaladilla del dia featured green beans crunchy and green green green, with farm fresh boiled eggs, good lettuces, some blue cheese and a lemony dressing not over poured. (I wanted more.). I really wanted the fresh strawberries in sweet wine, but I had no room. The cosmopolitans we absolutely delicious and deadly. I will be returning to this lovely place.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ArtistGirl68
London, United Kingdom
“Good value food with excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

Although we were 2 hours late from our booking time we were welcomed warmly. We all dined on Onion Soup followed by Rib Eye Steak which were reasonably priced and very tasty.
The restaurant has a good atmosphere and excellent serving staff.
I'd eat there again.