The Hotel Gaudi as it was named when my wife, sister in law and I stayed in July has a great location with major attractions like Retiro Park, Puerta del Sol and Plaza Mayo within easy walking distance. The hotel is somewhat dated but the staff were excellent throughout our stay. The rooms vary with the room my wife and I staying in being somewhat small but adequate however my sister in law was in a large room with a balcony. The reception area has the bar which is again very small however being on the Gran Via there are restaurants and bars aplenty just minutes away. The breakfast provided the hotel is excellent and overall I found the hotel to be good value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This emblematic Hotel in the Gran Via of Madrid is strategically located in the heart of the city, a few meters from the Plaza de Cibeles and Puerta del Sol. The hotel is composed by two buildings of great architectural value that are from the early twentieth century and are also very close to the Prado Museum and the Thyssen Gallery, allowing maximum enjoyment of the cultural offer of Madrid. In addition, the hotel offers its guests a fantastic restaurant called "La Pedrera", a gourmet corner-bar and 4 meeting rooms for all kinds of events, and some free services such as free Wi-Fi high speed internet, Business Corner, Spa & Fitness Center and terrace on the sixth floor with a heated water area overlooking Gran Via. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Gran Via reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Gran Via Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Gaudi Hotel Madrid
- Catalonia Gaudi Madrid
- Hotel Gaudi Madrid