“Good weather, Great Guide, Fun time!”

Madsegs Madrid Segway Tours
Ranked #9 of 261 Tours in Madrid
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Most experienced segway tour guide in the world and the first in Madrid. Choose from a 2 or 3 hours of fun. Stops, a drink, photos are included on the 3 hour tour. I love what i do, i do all my own tours and have yet to have an unhappy customer in over 10 years. Automated reservations online.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Huntsville, AL
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good weather, Great Guide, Fun time!”
Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife and I took this tour on our recent trip to Madrid. Neither of us have ever ridden a segway but Anthony was very helpful and patient with us and the other newbies. It didn't take long until we were asking him to open them up so that we could be more adventurous. He was extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and fun to hang with for the day. The weather could have been a little better but overall it was a blast. I'd definitely recommend the tour if you have half a day and enjoy doing something different.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Dustin S

Widnes, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Believe the hype”
Reviewed 10 December 2011

We chose the segway tours based on its major popularity on Trip Advisor, and I'm glad to say we weren't duped by the 5 star reviews. Segways are fantastic fun, perhaps a little scary to get to grips with at first but once you've been zooming round for 20mins or so it's a piece of cake.

But it's not just the novelty of trying a segway - with Madsegs we got a glimpse of Madrid we'd never have managed on our own. Our group managed the segways enough that Anthony put us on the top setting (14mph - pretty speedy!) and we ended up covering a fair distance, about 12 miles. Anthony took us to places you wouldn't reach as a tourist and we got a great feel for the city. He also picked spots that'd really test your segway skills, either off-road or on this great stretch of closed-off road where you could zoom away at top speed. The tour was supposed to finish at 3pm but it actually ended around 4pm as we'd gone so far. Then Anthony provides you with a CD of photos and video he took on the tour.

A memorable experience, worth the extra money (it's pricey compared to a typical bus tour). I'll be seeking out segways wherever I go now!

2 Thank Kazgraz
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The best way to see a new city - amazingly fun!”
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I highly recommend this tour to anybody visiting Madrid. I couldn't think of a better way to see the sights of Madrid and absolutely loved gliding along on the segway.
We paid a 15euro deposit each from the 65euro total price online in advance - you must make a reservation online for this tour. We met the segway tour guide (Antony) at Plaza de España which is easy to find and the metro stops here.

Highlights:
- Feeling very nervous at first and then becoming comfortable with the unique control system of shifting your weight forward to accelerate and backwards to reverse.
- Having very good photos taken by Antony which are provided on a CD to take home.
- Stopping for a drink and Spanish omelette at a charming local cafe (included in ticket price - no extra charge).
- If you have a preference of something you would like to see, the tour guide will try to accommodate this.
- You can head quickly into attractions/churches etc to take photos as the guide stays outside with the segways.
- Laughing at your friends/family as they bumble down stairs on a segway.

It may seem like the price is expensive but the tour lasts three hours and we all felt that it was definitely value for money as we enjoyed it so much and it was such a unique experience. It was the highlight of our break.

Visited December 2011
3 Thank Rachel O
philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“best part of madrid”
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Madsegs was so much fun. It was a great way to see Madrid without walking or getting stuck on a bus. He takes awesome pics and videos and gives you a disc at the end. i would do it again if i went back.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Quite simply the best thing we did in Madrid.”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Neither my wife or I have ever set foot on a Segway, so we were at the meeting point with a mix of nerves and excitement.

After other people in the group couldn't make it for various reasons, it turned out to be a private tour for just us two.

Anthony (the guide/instructor/cameraman), gave us the basics at the meeting point, it then took only 5 or 10 minutes before we were pootling about safely with a hint of confidence. Anthony started us on the beginner level - there are 3 levels which go up in top speed; beginner (6kmph) normal (9kmph) and expert (14kmph).

Gradually through the tour Anthony asked us if we want to increase the level, I got up to the 'normal' level and after a while he asked if I wanted to go faster, but I was quite happy at the level I was at, and had no need to go faster so I stayed on the normal level!

Getting on/off the Segway was no problem at all, all you have to do is follow the instructors advice and it is as simple as climbing on a stair. Problems can occur if you try to step off the side of the Segway, but Anthony told us several times not to do this, so we didn't.

We NEVER went down any streets, the only time we went on streets were when we crossed them at pedestrian crossings, which was all done smoothly and safely.

Throughout the tour Anthony took lots of high quality photos and a couple of videos, then at the end he put them all on a disc for us to take home - all included as part of the service!

All in all it was a great way to see the city and an excellent guide/instructor/cameraman. He made it as safe as he could, giving us close instruction and safety helmets were offered.

I would not hesitate to recommend this tour, well worth every cent!

1 Thank TangoFiver