“Best Churros in Madrid!”

Chocolateria San Gines
Ranked #16 of 295 Coffee & Tea in Madrid
Price range: US$2 - US$5
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Centro
Description: Founded in 1894 is one of the most famous of Madrid located in the passage of San Gines,in the heart of the city close to the Puerta del Sol. This is one of the most popular to have chocolate con churros. Nowadays it's place where visitors and locals gather to taste the famous chocolate with churros.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Now, I have a MASSIVE sweet tooth and finish ALL sweet food put in front of me....until now. The Churros here 're fantastic and you get plenty of them, I couldn't eat them all. The only draw back is that I would have liked the chocolate to be richer. Well worth a visit, go go go!

Write a ReviewReviews (15,930)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It is a must to have some hot chocolate and churros at this place!One portion of churros it is enough for two(each has 6). I went there several times and even bought some chocolate to bring home!Forget cholesterol for a while!Drink it slowly and enjoy life!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have tried churros many times, normally with cinnamon and that is the first time I try with chocolate dip. The price is EUR4 with 1 cup of chocolate dip and 6 churros. The churros is hot and the chocolate is not too sweet. If one pack churros not enough, you can buy another one without chocolate dip which cost EUR1.4. Highly recommend Chocolateria San Gines.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have a big sweet tooth but for the first time in my life I couldn't finish my plate. Generous helpings and great tasting Churros in a place with lots of history.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really don't understand why this place is so popular. I had churros before but the one I got here were dry, and the chocolate didn't have a good taste.. I couln't finish it. Also I choose to take it on the take-away place, and the girl there was very rude. I walked in, she assumed I wanted churros so she threw the bag of churros already made on the counter (maybe that why they wer so dry). I was the only client here but I had to wait a minute before she told me the price, and then a full other minute for her to get me my change because she was busy talking with her colleague...