“Outstanding”
Review of El Club Allard

El Club Allard
Reserve with
El Club Allard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 12,783 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Arguelles
Reviewed 1 October 2017

This ** restaurant is located in a beautiful historic building, just off Plaza de Espana. It is small (so make reservations in time!), but has a nice atmosphere. The staff is attentive, and speaks English well.

The menu is outstanding, the dishes beautiful - sometimes spectacular - and in just the right portions (although the pace is somewhat high - which makes sense if you have 7-10 courses). The sommelier is knowledgeable and picks unusual wines (like the one from Canary Islands).

They give you the menu and wine pairing in print when you leave (even when you have made changes to the set menu), so you can read up on wines or dishes when you get home.

All in all an outstanding experience.

ECAllard, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at El Club Allard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Alfred, thank you for your appreciation and comment that motivate us to keep searching for the excellence of all the team of El Club Allard.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,744)

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Actually visited earlier than 2016... food is great. Apart from the taste of the entrees... the food presentation is amazing and creative. For instance, sauce options are placed in glass viles. Seafood placed on top of a cracked marble. What i found unforgettable was the deliciously edible menu too!

Dear Crissy, thank you for your appreciation and comment that motivate us to keep searching for the excellence of all the team of El Club Allard.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I never of tire of Spain, particularly its food. We had spent the previous 8 days enjoying its bounty. Madrid was the last leg of the trip, a late switch of plans to take in the football. The least I could do was to take Mrs MM for a sumptuous dinner.

It was a steamy evening towards the end of August when we dined at El Club Allard. We'd made an effort, all dressed up & somewhere to go.

The taxi dropped us at the wrong end of the street, never mind, a few minutes later we were out of the heat & being warmly greeted. We were seated, offered an aperitif, whilst they were attending to the drinks, we were offered both the menu & the wine list.

We opted for the 10 course tasting menu to be accompanied by an excellent bottle of Rioja.

The plus points were the standard of service, the staff were polite & engaging, the dinner room was spacious,the tables weren't too close together. The dining was full there was a hum to the room.

The negative, the food, whilst cooked and presented properly it lacked a certain je ne sans quoi, I found it dull and uninspiring. Normally, Mrs MM is more expressive than me, the odd umm & ahh gives you a hint all is well, but nothing. I'm sure it was a world tour, a fusion so to speak but I did not get it.

We're not rookies at this sort of thing and we have had the odd let down, unfortunately this was one of them.

1  Thank mobile_mackem
Reviewed 30 June 2017

This was my first experience at a Michelin stared restaurant and it certainly did not disappoint. I ordered the smaller of the two tasting menus - only 10 courses instead of 14 - and the wine pairing of 8 glasses of wind (this was a concern since I normally drink 2 glasses and on special occasions 3).

As each course was served it was explained by the waiter who was wonderful about any questions I might have and then the wine was explained by the Director of Food and Beverages - all the wines were from Spain. The food was beautifully prepared, unique, tasty and the wines well suited. (I do like wine and have a palate which allows me to observe the unique bouquets and essences of various wines) I was quite pleased with all of the selections.

As would be expected, the evening was not for the light of wallet costing a total of appx. $300 for the evening for 1. That said the experience was definitely worth it and I'd recommend it for anyone who can make it to this wonderful restaurant.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

This is one of the best restaurants I have ever visited.
The finesse, elegance and atmosphere are only second to the food and service we had.
The waiter was very knowledgeable, and the food was just art, no less.
The price for such a meal in a 2 stars Michelin restaurant worth every euro...

Recommended !