2,282 results
All reviews wisteria terrace steep hill iconic hotel botanical gardens cable car colonial feel busy road lovely hotel overlooking the bay fourth floor pool area is reception staff view from the balcony balcony door town centre lounge bar fantastic views
Reviewed 24 August 2016

Fantastic views, extremely clean and friendly staff. The restaurant is great too. I recommend the afternoon tea. The pool is a must, it seems to be a snapshot of a different era and unlike any I've been to anywhere else. If you are staying there I would also visit the botanical gardens which are just across the road. Only drawback is the long walk up to the hotel in the scorching heat. But it is definitely worth it.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
CharlesDanino, General Manager at Rock Hotel Gibraltar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear isabellemangan,

Many thanks for your most kind review and highest rating. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Rock Hotel.

We look forward to warmly welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

We wanted a quick break in a 'comfy UK type of hotel' but obviously somewhere out of the UK if you get what I mean. We chose Gibraltar and researched the iconic Rock Hotel. Trouble is when you read some of the reviews and of course the chosen hotel's website you sometimes get a little disappointed when you actually rock up at the joint and actually touch the place for real. This place didn't disappoint. This place to us (Wife, Son and daughter 15 and 23 respectively) was as real as the hand cut cooked chips served round the pool bar!

The Rock is very iconic and from the outside quite art deco ish by the look of the Rock Hotel's signage giving us patrons a real insight in how the hotel was and still is used by people far more famous than me! Inside the hotel you can admire and maybe reminisce on how things perhaps were and is still now by the famous people's pictures dotted around the foyer this hotel.

However getting back to today's Rock Hotel the hotel has obviously had a recent makeover and it has certainly left a big mark on my family....not paint strewn but just simply well impressed. The bedrooms we had were interconnecting and this was fantastic as it felt like we were in our own suite.

Lovely touches too as in clean soft bath robes and some lovely fresh fruit placed in both rooms once during the week.

On top of this was our free three course meal that we had on our first night which was superb (part of our package) and we were mightily impressed because we are the 'complete holiday from hell clients' as we are all vegetarians included with one vegan and two gluten free mealettes to boot! The waiters/waitress and chefs obliged us all the way and produced us with a remarkable meal without any trouble and this was a fantastic feat seeing we just plonked ourselves down on the fantastic and beautiful outside terrace without any warning...and this certainly set the pace for the rest of the week to live up too and it certainly didn't disappoint in any shape or form.

The bar was staffed with high quality personnel as was the breakfast room and the front of house staff were also top quality too with any questions or asks sorted out without any fuss.

The pool over the road from the hotel was beautifully clean and pool towels distributed fresh out of clean laundered see through bags meaning you didn't have to pack any towels in your luggage!

All in all the Rock is a great place to stay at,and one I would love to revisit again one day-and it was fantastic to have come away from the joint without any grumbles whatsoever which is always a big brucie bonus -although I was a little upset that I didn't have a monkey sat next to me at breakfast table....something I thought the hotel could have sorted.

This hotel is worth a giant punt for any discerning clients wondering where to lay their heads down next.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 534ds
CharlesDanino, General Manager at Rock Hotel Gibraltar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Dear D S,

Thank you very much for your review which I must confess has been a joy to read. I appreciate every single feedback, and try very hard to be frank in my resonses even when we may have not fullfilled every expectation as they drive us on to improve and enhance everything we do for our guests.

True to my word, we had a rather over zealous pack of monkeys visiting us in recent weeks. We managed to get the support of the local wildlife agency and this is the reason for their absence. Being practically immersed in the Upper Rock Nature Reserve we are not guaranteed of a revisit in future but we now have a good system in place to manage this.

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed as part of a wedding party and from the moment we arrived until the moment we left the staff were very friendly and helpful. Stunning views stunning bar restaurant area and terrace. Rooms vary in size (had a nosey in friends room and theirs was much larger as a twin ) nice balconies and again they vary in size.
Breakfast.. amazing. Best breakfast buffet spread i have seen in years.
Wedding meal and buffet was also out of this world tasty and plentiful
Drinks are reasonably priced.
Overall I'd love to come back to this hotel. Thanks in large to the staff (particularly the older gentleman behind the bar) who went out of his way to help us whenever he could.
Great hotel

Dear LauraMUR1979,

Thank you very much for your kind review and very encouraging comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our Chefs read all the reviews and I am sure that they will be proud at your comments about breakfast.

I am very happy that Abdullah our bar supervisor treated you with so much personalised care and attention.

We look forward to warmly welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Had an amazing stay, rooms were clean and the staff couldn't do enough for us. Easily the best hotel in Gibraltar ( yes that includes the sunborn) Being a wildlife fan, having the monkeys wander around on the balcony was an incredible experience

Dear Ashleigh P,

Many thanks for your very kind review and for rating us so highly. It is the fact that you perceived our staff efforts in going out of their way to serve and please our guests that is so gratifying. I will share a comment that a member of my team just said today: "what would we not do" which exemplifies our commitment to outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Returned to The Rock and another great stay. Although quite busy, on this occasion, due to a large wedding party, she still retained her wonderful calm, layed back atmosphere. Breakfast more than satisfied and the staff and chef in the restaurant must be complemented on their wonderful service and outstanding food, nothing is ever too much, as within The Lounge Bar. Not forgetting the girls down at The pool Bar, who were always lovely, this is the only place we choose to stay while enjoying all there is to see and do in Gibraltar. Looking forward to our next stay already,we personally would not stay anywhere else.

Dear caroline l,

Many thanks for your most kind review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your so much. Your comments about our staff and quality of the dining fills me with great pride as well as the attentive service that our pool staff offered you.