See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night and book for a double room with king bed, but got two individuals instead. The room was clean and nice, the breakfast poor and don't included, they don't even serve water.
Staff was nice too, but it's overpriced in my opinion.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2016

First of all, there was nobody who could speak English. Poor service, Rude staff. Housekeeping kept forgetting to clean the room. No linen changing and towels. Had to ask at reception and lady asked me why and suggested linen service for 5 Euro. This is absolutely ridiculous. Breakfast so poor containing : croissant, cake, OJ or coffee and 1 type of cereals only. On top of that there was a lady standing in front of you to serve you 1 limited choice.
Disgusting.
I requested non-smoking room, however room was smelly from cigarettes. Upon requesting for some different room I was actually gotten a small diffuser which did not help much. Refrigerator not working properly , warm drinks. Did not enjoy even 1 day. Shame , will never return !

Room Tip: suggest to choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

We had been checking tripadvisor reviews and our expectations were quite low. Cosmos is clearly one star hotel without air condicioning but its clean and hotel personnel are very nice. Room can be hot but we had a fan there giving some fresh breeze of air. Noise from the street was not unbearable and we could sleep ok. This hotel is ok for a short (max 2 nights) stay.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2015

i was surprised that being july, and considering the location, the price was that low.
As soon as i entered the room, i understood: no a.c., smelly bathroom, extreme and unpleasan heat and humidity... The wifi password was not matching the network name i was told... And to make it worse, i had to close the window because there was loud music outside

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Rafa G
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have mixed feelings about this place. The location of the hotel is fine, roughly 15mn walk to fishing port and same to the historic center. There are plenty of parking spaces in the street behind hotel but you will have to pay from 9am - 8pm. There are a lot of practical and personal touches which are appreciable (cigarette machine at reception,vending machine outside entrance, guidebooks to consult at reception, towels folded into swans, etc). To be fair the room was clean, mattress was comfy and there was a balcony (view was nothing exceptional). However I would qualify the place as a motel rather than a 1* hotel. Sure it has everything you need but it desperately needs refreshing. Every time I had a shower I was worried the curtain rail might fall down, or the side panel might break because nothing was fixed properly. But my main problem here was the noise. I did not get one good full nights sleep and that is probably the only real reason as to why I would not go back. Walls are thin so you hear hoovers in the morning, people talking in their rooms, toilets being flushed etc. Also it's hot, so you leave the window ajar but the noise of the traffic is horrendous and constantly woke me up ( our room was what they called "garden side". We tried shutting the window but noise was just as bad and you suffocate from the heat aswell (no air conditioning and you have to pay extra for a fan...). Staff was polite but that's it.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking "garden" also give on to main street so ask for a room at the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple