All reviews affordable hotel quiet street hotel is perfect great location roman ruins per day train station beautiful city visit tarragona central location comfortable bed within walking distance recommend this hotel xavier conserving concierge mercado
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Nice and central location, ask the staff for parking the car close to the hotel. It is easy to reach the most interesting places in the city, walking it is a good idea.
The staff are so helpful and they will guide you where to go in the city. It was a little bit noisy from the road outside the hotel at night time when we visited the place, but we are in the city so no problem.
We recommend you to stay here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2018

I have just returned from staying for four nights at Pigal. It is a very well positioned hotel for all the attractions in Tarragona. The staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Leilahi,the lady who was on reception when I arrived, and each evening, couldn't have been more helpful, spending time showing me the best places to eat etc, and calling to sort out my shuttle bus back to the airport. Erica was also friendly and helpful. I don't eat wheat or diary and they arranged for get food I could eat for breakfast. The rooms are very basic but I have everything I needed. I will definitely stay there when I visit my family again next year.

Room tip: My room was very quiet and it was at the back away from the street.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. The owner and all the staff were very friendly indeed. The room was basic but very good for the price - little balcony, shower, spotless and with a few nice touches like an old tv made into a bedside table.

The hotel booked us a taxi to the airport, made lots of suggestions for Tarragona (including excellent seafood at El Serrallo) and allow guests to borrow their sun umbrellas for the local beaches.

The breakfast was quite basic continental fare, but perfect for us.

Great location too - walking distance to most things in the city and only 30 Euro taxi from airport.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Our room, No. 37, was clean (and kept so by the very friendly, forthcoming staff), quiet, with excellent twin beds, had a vintage touch, and its balcony afforded a view over the roofs towards the port and the sea.
Xavier, the owner, was incredibly friendly, and helpful (doubling as a tourist guide for the whole region). He also deserves credit for the general atmosphere and for that true 'home away from home' vibe.
The buffet breakfast, served in a convivial room (with the same vintage touch) included jamón, cheese, yoghurt, fruit, etc.
Everything worth seeing in Tarragona was within walking distance. On top of it, this affordable hotel was newly renovated, hi tech (brand-new, elevator, water-conserving taps, high-speed WiFi, efficient ceiling fan).
An unforgettable experience.

Room tip: Ask for No. 37, or other rooms opening to the backyard.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2018

This is a rustic hotel, I actually loved it. I rated it average because it is not your normal hotel. My first time in Spain. The owner and ppl that work there are very polite and extremely nice. However if your looking for blow dryers and microwaves and refrigerators in the room, for get it. At first glance you may not like it but it was truly amazing Thank you

Date of stay: June 2018