All reviews mini market washing machine free bikes vento restaurant sea view small kitchen road train living room self catering apartment main pool good size pool attendant junior suite hotel facilities town centre great apartment great holiday
Reviewed 26 October 2018

We had 5 wonderful days in this hotel in October. After a flight with a lot of delay, we were welcomed in the middle of the night and helped quickly so that we could get to our room as quickly as possible. The next morning we were 10 minutes late for breakfast, but when we explained that we had only arrived at 5 o'clock, we were still able to join and the employees cleared the breakfast buffet later especially for us. Incidentally, the breakfast buffet is a must and the price more than worth it!

We stayed in the junior suite, a room with extra bedroom. This was ideal for our 12-year-old daughter who could sleep on a real bed in a hotel instead of on a sofa bed. The room is spacious with a nice balcony overlooking the sea. There is also a small kitchen corner, where (almost) everything is present. The only thing we missed was the dishwasher. Although there was a washing machine available.

Rooms and bathroom were spacious, clean and bright. I read in another review that someone found it annoying that the air conditioning was switched off in October. We slept fine every night with the balcony door and the window open. The fresh sea air and the murmur of the sea will undoubtedly have contributed to a good night's rest, but the rooms were not too hot thanks to the open balcony door.

The location of the hotel is at the end of the boulevard. The advantage is that it is quiet, the disadvantage is that it is a bit further from the city center. But thanks to the free bicycles that the hotel has available for its guests, that disadvantage is also turned into an advantage. Because how wonderful is it to cycle along the sea!

Okay, one small minus than; the lack of the bicycle bell and bicycle lighting on the bikes. The bell because apparently it is very common that people walk with 5 people side by side on the boulevard and the lighting because in October at 8 o'clock it is really dark.

In October the Vento and Acqua restaurants (both part of the hotel) are opened and they offer a great menu and a beautiful view of the sea at lunch or dinner (especially the terrace of Vento). And if you want to go downtown to eat, the promenade is sufficiently illuminated so also bicycles without lights drive fairly safely back and forth. :-)

Room Tip: Junior suites have an extra bedroom with 2 normal beds (not a sofa bed). Fully equiped for 4 persons.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Well we have a beautiful room 402 , balcony views were spectacular can not fault at all on that. But we arrived yesterday to no AC. Apparently it's winter here and they have turned it off in the entire hotel. There was no mention of this on the website for this time of year - October. Our room was outrageously warm and there was nothing to apologise to us or a fan offered to us at all. It's absolutely ridiculous we should have been told about this before we came as it's earlier than normal this year for them to turn off the a.c. we are thinking of moving hotels it is so hot, especially through the night

Huge disappointment

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2018

We are just back from a week's holiday in Sitges and the Sunway Playa Golf & Spa. Everything was 1st Class - We loved our studio 429, spacious, well equipped, comfortable with a quirky triangular balcony where we had a pool view, a mountain view AND a sea view! - Quite a distance from the town centre but only 30mins walk at a leisurely pace plus the Mini-Train was great if you didn't want to walk - Breakfast was great too - wide and varied choices including, for those that wanted it, Cava, Smoked Salmon, Chocolate Fountain, - would stay again and have no hesitation recommending the Sunway to others.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed in sunway golf playa for 8 nights. Room was really big. We stayed with our 16 year old son and we had plenty of room. Buffet breakfast was well worth the extra. Rooms cleaned every day. 2 pools. One of pools only gets sun in the morning. Great beaches only about a five min walk away. Free use of bikes during stay and its only a fifteen min very easy cycle to the restraunts and bars. I have mobility and breathing issues and I was able to do it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I’m sorry to say that I stayed at this hotel two years ago and the same issues I faced on this trip were not dissimilar to the ones I encountered this time. Paint this picture in a colour that you think will express dissatisfaction. I choose maroon; I’m a wheelchair user, using a standard manual wheelchair.

Firstly, my friend and I were placed in a room that had a bath, we went to reception and they corrected that promptly why am I mentioning that you might say, because it should not have happened in the first place.

Secondly, in the room the contents were higher than a wheelchair user could reach, this included pots, pans, cups, microwave and the plates making a meal almost nigh impossible, if I did not have my friend with me then I would not be able to cook. The towels in the bathroom was also placed far too high.

I did mention those issues to the receptionist that was on duty two years ago and I did the same this year, it seems as if my words mightn’t fall on deaf ears as communication has been flowing.

Let’s pray, wish and hope for an improved hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends