All reviews pool area block c train station centre of town central location sun loungers short break lovely hotel breakfast room nice pool location is great reception staff late check air con short walk to the beach public areas we've stayed
Reviewed 13 August 2010

This is a nice hotel right in the centre of Sitges. Our room was facing a street but we weren't really aware of any noise outside. The hotel pool is clean and quiet with plenty of chairs and sun beds. The staff here are really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok, I can't really comment as I only got up in time for it once! Towels in our room were changed daily and the rooms were clean. This was a nice hotel and I’d stay here again. Sitges was beautiful and a fun place to visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I guess you get what you pay for. The Park is a cheap 'no-frills' hotel in the town centre of Sitges. The rooms are neat and tidy, but very basic. We had two rooms and the shower in each was rubbish, spilling gallons of water onto the floors. Sitges town centre is never quiet but having a room overlooking the street is not advised, especially at the weekend, try for a room overlooking the pool.The pool is in fact the high point of the hotel, a calm oasis after the heat of the beach or the bustle of the town.
Staff, especially the barmen are efficient and friendly.
Food should be avoided, even breakfast.
I hope they do it up soon, but please no Shrager like makeovers.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

Maybe the Sitges Park has had a complete overhaul since the other reviews were written over 12 months ago, but I just returned from a week's stay there and have no complaints!

The hotel is perfectly located - 5 minutes from the train station and 5 minutes leisurely walk to the seafront and beaches. There are plenty of shops, cafes etc nearby. You enter from a busy street, but once inside it was peaceful and tranquil. The reception staff were great - really friendly and happy to take us to our room as this was our first stay. The courtyard with the pool is lovely - a real suntrap and although there aren't huge amounts of sunbeds, it never got too busy.

Breakfast is the usual fare as in most Spanish hotels - meats, cheese, croissants, yoghurts and also cooked eggs, bacon and sausages...The rooms are perfectly fine - quite large, cleaned every day, aircon, no problems with noise from neighbours (and ours had the bonus of a big private sun terrace with table, chairs and loungers (we were in room 309!).

All in all, a good value hotel and one that I will definitely return to.

2  Thank gazza353
Reviewed 20 July 2010

We stayed six nights at the Park Hotel in Sitges in July 2010 and had a lovely time, on arrival we were made to feel very welcome by the incredibly friendly staff and that happy attitude carried on over the whole trip. Whilst the rooms are basic, they are clean, the beds are comfortable enough and the very much needed air conditioning is quiet and works very well. The hotel is about three minutes’ walk down from the train station and three minutes to the beach so it is an excellent location, I did miss staying on the sea front a little but the relaxing garden area and pool made up for that and it is only a couple of minutes walk to all of the bars. The breakfast wasn’t as good quality as some I have had in Sitges (such as the Platjador which has amazing food but that Hotel has some terribly miserable staff so I think I know where I would rather be). However the Park offers a reasonably good selection of different types of food for breakfast but based on quality I don’t think I would necessarily choose Half Board there. The entrance and public areas are like an old Spanish house, very relaxing to sit in and comfortable.

If I had to gripe it would be that street side rooms are very noisy at night sometimes, try to get a room overlooking the pool, that would be much more peaceful. Also it would have been nice to have at least one English channel even if it was just news, they only have about 15 channels of Spanish television, but that is a minor moan and I would happily stay here again especially away from the street..

Reviewed 24 September 2009

The Sitges Park Hotel has been criticised by other TripAdvisor travellers, but I can't really understand why. I've just spent a week there with my partner on the half-board option and can't complain about anything. The room was clean, bright and well maintained. There was plenty of hot water and we had maid service and clean towels every day, including the weekend of Catalonia's biggest public holiday (Catalonia Day).

Breakfast was better than many Spanish hotels (even better than the nearby Romantic, where a fried egg and rasher of bacon will set you back a few Euros). Supper/dinner was good, wholesome food, but perhaps not to everyone's taste. The choice was varied and very "Spanish", so don't expect Sainsbury's bacon or Duchy Original sausages. I enjoyed all of the items I tried, but I'm open minded and happy to try new things. For instance, you won't find Heinz beans in tomato sauce on the breakfast menu, but you may find gabanzos (chick peas) fried with garlic and fresh tomato. There were Brits who looked in horror at this "horrible mess" as one lady described it, but I found it delicious. You're ABROAD love, not in Eastbourne.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and all spoke good English. The position of the hotel cannot be faulted - it's just yards from the main square. The room was quiet at night, although the air conditioning was a little noisy, but it can be switched off. The room rates were very good value for the period we stayed and we will happily stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple