All reviews pool area block c train station centre of town central location breakfast area sun loungers lovely hotel boutique hotel reception staff short break nice pool amazing location late check air con short walk to the beach small hotel
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I just love this "new" hotel. I had stayed there when it belonged to another owner and unfortunately the experience was not that good. But, now, wowwww!!! The hotel has been entirely refurbished. Now, it looks so glam and the mixture of new and modern furniture coupled with some old parts of the building adds a neat yet cool atmosphere and dimension to it. I was told that the new restaurant inside the hotel belongs to Eduard Arola, a renowned 2-Michelin Star Chef. It will have a live DJ too...just amazing!!! The pool area with its green mosaic style tyles looks so chic. Overall, a must-see and must-stay in hotel!!! Well done to the new owners and also the very best of luck!!!

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Rob P
Reviewed 11 May 2012

i was a bit worried because some of the reviews here were very critical about the place , but we soon found out that the reason for it were due to the fact this hotel use to be called sitges park and now it belongs to a big chain of hotels who have made a wonderful job re-vamping the place. just beautiful.
no words for it..amazing.

Date of stay: May 2012
1  Thank Oops2012
Reviewed 5 November 2011

I knew this place was cheap and cheerful and it was, but with just a little effort on the upkeep it could be so much better. The rooms are pretty small but big enough and there's just enough storage and a safe for 18€ a week; the aircon works and the bathroom is big enough.

Location-wise it's great, 5 mins walk from the station, the same from the main shop/bar/restaurant area and about 10-15 to the beach. The crowd was a mix of young students, gay men and senior citizens but that may be just the last week in September. Also worth noting with this date is the sun deck is more shaded than sunny and the pool didn't get the sun at all and was cold - and I mean stunningly cold! I'm guessing the promo photos were shot in the Spring or early Summer. This might be why there were only ever half a dozen people on the sun beds and most sunworshippers went to the beach.

We only stayed bed and breakfast and only managed that for the first three days and then went elsewhere instead. Food consisted of bacon (Spanish streaky), eggs (griddled and always half raw), sausages, varying accompaniments, varying breads and pastries, processed ham, pork, and cheese, yogurt and a tinned fruit. Given where we were, I'd expected much more fresh fruit and juice that wasn't mixed from concentrate as it was machine-dispensed and despite the great coffee machines, they used an urn with the most acidic bitter coffee I have ever not drunk. The evening buffet seemed very popular but we never tried it.

As other reviews have mentioned, the staff couldn't be more helpful and are a true credit to the hotel.

Now for the disappointments: the hotel has been left to go to ruin a bit - missing grout, rotting shower seals and a shower head so blocked the first thing we did was buy a descaling gel so we could have a decent shower. The aircon had mouldy walls around the vent and broke down one day; similarly we couldn't get any hot water at all one evening so made sure we always showered before 1900 after that.

And it was noisy - not from street noise but internal - slamming doors (inconsiderate people obviously but there's no padding in the frames so you'll always get a good slam), plumbing (ground floor), thin walls and the staff dragging tables around at 0720 each day setting breakfast in the central garden/pool area. I didn't have one good night's sleep in a week and that hardly bodes for a relaxing holiday.

Sitges itself I loved and will go back again - but I will pay more and stay elsewhere so that I can enjoy it.

Date of stay: September 2011
2  Thank Ade_J
Reviewed 25 October 2011

A good centrally located Hotel. Room was kept up to a good standard. Staff were excellent and very friendly without exception. Food was again of a good standard. The cold buffet selection was excellent. I will centainly stay here again

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I spent a week at the Sitges Park Hotel in September of 2011, and overall was very unhappy with my stay. The biggest issue was that my room had an infestation of bugs. They were crawling all over the bed spreads...now, to be clear, these were NOT bed bugs, but rather some sort of ant. Still, it was unpleasant.

The bathrooms were ridiculously small. When you open the door it opens part of the way until it hits the toilet. There was a cut-out in the vanity so that the door could clear to the toilet. The towels were well overdue for replacing, and for whatever reason, my housekeeper was very stingy and providing a single towel each day. This was a bit of a problem when you take multiple showers a day - given the beach and nightlife lifestyle of Sitges. I asked for extra...to no avail.

The room is very bare bones. Everything is tired and needs updating. Even base expectations are not met. No refrigerators, no mirrors, 5 TV channels, uncomfortable beds...Even the simplest of things, like a 'Do Not Disturb' sign were not available. Now, I was on holiday and staying out until 4 in the morning, and housekeeping was knocking and coming into the room at 8 am...and I had no way to tell them to stop...really frustrating.

The service at the hotel was just short of hostile. When I checked in (for 1 week), I was told nothing about the hotel. I was not told where breakfast was served, anything about WIFI...nothing. All subsequent trips past the front desk were completely devoid of pleasantries. I had a friend stop by to call from the front desk, and he couldn't believe how rude and unprofessional the woman at the desk behaved.

Maybe this place just wasn't for me, but I have stayed at several places in Sitges, and my friends stayed at a place very nearby which are all better value and service. I will never stay here again, and couldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: September 2011