Pensio Viladomat
Hotel Ultonia Girona(Girona)
Condal(Girona)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsshared bathroomsmall balconyold ladyno liftfourth floorold buildingnoisespainensuitecentrecitycathedral
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

You pay 23 euros per night in a single room and you shouldn't be expecting much for it. My room was on the fourth floor, but I didn't find the absence of an elevator particularly troublesome. The rooms do not have fans, but it usually doesn't get too warm inside even it's +30C outside. WiFi doesn't work unless you have a laptop (which usually has a bigger antenna inside). The old lady who runs the place will tell you it's the problem with your phone, iPad, or whatever, but not with her wireless setup. The linens are fine, but the towels are from the last century - I accidentally tore two of them in half after the shower. Bottom line - you get what you pay for. If you are looking for a clean and conveniently located place to sleep, but are willing to overlook many nuisances, Viladomat may just fit the bill.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2014

In a city not over-blessed by budget accommodation this basic resting place is good value - a warm comfortable room ,beds made and towels changed daily.great location in the old town .the room was on the 4th floor so not so good if you have problems on stairs but if all you want is a good value place to sleep this should fill the bill .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank greenlane16
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I chose Pensio Viladomat for being perfectly located in the Old Town where most of the flower exhibitions were displayed during the 'Temps de Flors' festival in May. I also chose it for its price as it seemed to be a good option if one travels on a low budget. The single room I booked was tiny but clean and cosy with a small balcony towards Calle Ciutadans street. The room was very simple, but decent, I had no television but plenty of furniture, which I couldn't fill in.The shared bathroom was clean and just next to my room. When I was having a shower the lights used to switch off automatically and had to struggle switching them back on by making a noise, and I totally disliked that. The staff from Pensio Viladomat was absolutely brilliant. Although the staff didn't speak much English, proved to be very understanding and helpful. On the day I arrived at Pensio Viladomat I had to pay the full amount of money in cash, although I was prepared to pay with the card. I went to town to change my foreign money, but to my surprise there were no exchange outlets anywhere in Girona, the banks were already closed as it was already afternoon and couldn't withdraw more money from the cashpoint as I had already passed my limit that day. So, when I told my problem to the staff, he understood me and told me that I could pay the following day which I did. Then, after leaving Girona, I realised that I had forgotten some clothes in one of the drawers in the room and contacted the member of staff. I will always appreciate him for shipping me the forgotten clothes in a different country and for communicating with me about the issue through emails. Absolutely reliable, trustworthy service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gabriela D
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Rooms are spacious and extremely clean,location is amazing,right in the heart of the old town.We have been to Girona on many occasions(we have family there) and have stayed in a nearby hotel,but the Pension Viladomat is such great value for money that we will come back and stay again rather than the larger corporate hotel that we normally use. Highly recommend this hotel it cannot be beaten on price !!! We came at a very busy time the staff were fabulous ( yes they speak Spanish ,I don't ,but you are in Spain!!!) and could not do enough for us.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Perfect for my needs during the Girona flower festival in May...great location in the old part of the city and a 15 min walk to the bus/train station for trips to the coast and the Dali Museum. Small single room, very clean and excellent value.The shared bathroom was clean with a powerful shower. Lots of stairs, but as I was out all day and again in the evening (free outdoor opera and acapella concerts) this was not an issue and part of the charm of the building. The window opened onto an internal part of the building over the entrance. I'm a light sleeper and slept well. I knew where owner was if I needed him and he kindly offered to look after my bag on the last day. I would be very happy to stay here again and can recommend visiting Girona during the fantastic flower festival.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo