“Best at the price...”
Review of 9 Nine

9 Nine
Reserve with
9 Nine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 11,097 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$17 - US$34
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Welcome to 9nine Restaurant, located in the Eixample district of Barcelona surrounded by buildings of modernist architecture mixed with new techniques and materials, and the use of resources provided by the various traditional decorative techniques: Stuccos, Leaded Glass, Forge, Etc., The work of craftsmen at the service of the modernist architects. Restaurant with large windows, where the street light flood in our main dining room and caresses the other one, where you never feel overwhelmed; with a modern and contemporary decor. With a fully open kitchen, a kitchen that almost you can touch, and even talk to the Chef. In the 9nine we try to go back to those times, we specialize in a bare kitchen where you will eat what you order, good appetizers, prime cuts of meat, fresh fish and seafood, everything cook in our charcoal grill and a dash of other cultures. from my point of view and with a lot of respect for other chefs in this great city and after living in another countries for so many years and I thought Barcelona was missing another way to see and feel the restaurant business, where not only great chefs could open a restaurant and not die in the attempt, after observing people, I realized Barcelona was missing a place where the customer should feel like they’re at home, that customer expectations will be exceeded, with mixture within an atmosphere of relaxed and comfort. Therefore we have taken great importance in things that were once standard, products of high quality with minimal handling, a casual service, size suitable table size napkin, lighting, music and other things that surely if pay attention you will notice. A customer once said to me: Are you the best? Obviously NO, Are you the best in the gap you want to be? Obviously YES. There was no better way to explain it, and I really do not want to be the best, but the best in our category of restaurants where you can go every day of the week, "that´s it" a restaurant that not only you come for special events, but for your everyday life, where the quality of raw products to all and where the service is attentive but not heavy. Just one more thing, remember that if you do not like something, something seems wrong, Let us know, remember if I do not know , I can´t fix it. "Rustic, gutsy and simple". And that´s what we are.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I did not have high expectations as we booked last minute for the place... we were 4 adults 1 boy and a baby. There was no problem with the children and the service was great... now to the food...

Excellent food at the price, where you get 3-course dinner and wine at a very good price.

The starters were great (had the buratta (it was okay), the potatoes with eggs foie and truffle (really good) and then mussels (really good).

For the main course some had great fish and some had the meat. The pork and the spare ribs were amazing - just amazing..

So do you self a favor and have some pork or spare ribs...

All in all - outstanding at the price level..

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

This was recommended to us and I’m so glad we decided to go. The tapas was amazing and the steak from the charcoal grill was perfection!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful recommendation from a friend of mine - set menu food was absolutely delicious, the restaurant was buzzy and busy and it was an all round great experience. Thanks!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Honestly, one if the best experiences I’ve ever had. Excellent menu, brilliantly executed. Friendly, efficient service and lots of radiant smiles from the staff. Chef came out at end of service and clearly takes great pride in what they are doing. A bit of a wait fir chocolate dessert but well worth it. Great menu formula without feeling formulaic. Lovely surroundings. If I could set up a restaurant myself, this is how I would want to do it!

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We found this place on tripadvisor and managed to book a table last minute. It was busy but the wait wasn’t excessive!
The food and wine were out of this work and the ambience was great. The Iberian black pig was excellent!