“Insane!! ”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Barceloneta
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I can’t even begin to describe how insane this place it! It’s by far the BEST seafood I have EVER eaten! All the food was just brilliant sea food - nothing fancy but just pure heaven, cooked perfectly and they’ve find a way to let the seafood speak for itself. We had cod fritters, both types of octopus, calamari, prawns and so much more.

The atmosphere was so fun also, it’s busy but just a great vibe with people loving life. The staff were incredible - it seemed like a family fun business. The owner was soo hospitable and so kind to my husband and I. We didn’t speak Spanish, but he took the time to go through all the food they had. Their sangria is the best also.

We had a to queue but the owner offered us beers whilst we waiting outside. The price was so good also.

This place really is a must visit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,179)

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

It’s one of the places where time stood still and this place would have served multi generations of locals and tourists with their fresh, authentic and wholesome dishes.

I make it a point to trek here - to miss this out on place is akin to missing out on not just the honest food this family puts out but an experience where one gets to be immersed in a noisy but real institution.

I don’t know what they put in that mayo but it must be crack and I don’t care if I have garlic breath all day. It’s worth any judgement and definitely worth the calories. Have the bomba, the grilled squid, the toasted bread, sardines, mussels with aioli - those are a staple.

Opens early at 9am but closes at 3pm. Reopens on some days at 6pm. It’s crowded all times.

These guys take a break month of August.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

“Must Visit” place for each time I visit Barcelona. And I do it at least once per year. Restaurant without logos outside, very simple, but at the same time very interesting and tasty food. Non touristic place. Nice staff.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Great family-run place. I just loved, loved, loved it. I had the bomba, the sardines, the calamar (not the breaded kind) and the pan tostado (move over, bruschetta). Highly, highly recommended!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

La Cova Fumada is by far the best restaurant we have been to in all of Barcelona. This traditional and authentic Spanish restaurant serves fresh and amazing tapas, The staff were very friendly and help out with the menu and try there best to accommodate everyone. Would recommend this to everyone in Barcelona and anyone who is visiting.