All reviews ping pong table daily activities free breakfast nice common area bed female dorm pub crawl bed room decent breakfast rooms were very clean walking distance front desk staff hot water la rambla minute walk excellent location lockers key
Reviewed 27 March 2015

This is probably the best and the cheap place to be in barcelona if we know that spending time outside the house is more important. A nice breakfast, amazing service, Wi-Fi, Lockers, nice people to guide you and other things that you can expect. Simply the best hostel.

Date of stay: January 2015
1  Thank guru2003rahul
Reviewed 20 March 2015

I've been to my share of hostels. None of them have been as clean and feel as safe as this one. Mind you, I'm in my 30s and have become much more discriminatory with choices of hostels.

They gave everyone a digital watch-like device to open the door and the lockers. The lockers were sturdy and a good size. We stayed in a 4-bed female room. The sheets were clean and bunkbeds in great condition. Just remember bring your own towel or rent one for a fee.

The location of the hostel was a 15 minute walk from La Rambla. It was on a quiet street, but my sister and I felt safe walking there at night (at least as far as I can tell you before midnight). It was also right by a metro station that can take you directly to the train station and important tourist attractions. Montjuic was also just a short hike up from here.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was easy to immediately feel comfortable in this place. It reminded me of a college dorm, which I guess can be good or bad depending on your experience.

The only bad thing I can mention was during the free breakfast. They offered cereal, milk, bread which can be toasted and selections of jam and nutella. Those weren't too bad. But the coffee was terrible. If you need a good cup of coffee to start your day, you'll have to get it elsewhere.

Otherwise, I totally recommend staying here. After you check out, you can even leave your things for free until 8pm. They were even cool when after we picked up our stuff, we hung around the common area to charge our phone batteries before leaving for good.

Reviewed 14 March 2015

It is a great place if you are a backpacker. We visited in the weekend for 2 nights. The guy in the reception is exceptionally good host I would say, he will make you comfortable just by talking to you and he will explain you all the places in Map which was really helpful and you wouldn't complain about soap any more. Jokes apart, it is a good hostel with great location, with free wifi and breakfast is included, which was simple but okay for us. We stayed in a 4 shared room. The attached bath was not that great. They have a unique key system which opens your locker in the room also. Everyone speaks great english.

The good thing is Las Ramblas is just in walking distance , so is the maritime museum, wax museum, opera, mirador de colom and the port. All kinds of restaurants are also around and you would get Spanish, catalonian, Indian, Chinese ,Sushi and Pakistani food. The "parallel " metro is in 5 minutes walking distance which will take you to Sagrada Famillia. For Park Guel , direct bus is available from Parallel.
I would suggest them to improve the cleanliness little bit , otherwise it is a good place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank thegreyeye
Reviewed 3 March 2015

The Hostel is in a quieter Area of Barcelona. But everything is in walking distance. I stayed in a 4 Person Room. It was clean but not too big. Breakfast gets the job done but nothing special. Overall a good value Hostel!

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed 1 March 2015

I originally booked this hotel because of the great reviews that I had read and of course the free breakfast was a bonus. I stayed here for 4 days and overall had a great experience. The staff was friendly and spoke great english.
The breakfast had a bit to be desired, but if you enjoy bread and jam then you're set! The coffee was horrible, and I mean horrible so if you're like me and need your morning coffee you're going to need to find a starbucks!
The best thing about this hostel was the card system. In fact is wasn't a card at all but a bracelet that you wear around you wrist and allows you access into the hostel, your room and your locker.
The beds were comfortable but not very sturdy. Towels are 3 euros extra which I think is a bit much but considering it's only 7.90 a night the towel charge wasn't too bad.
The hostel is located close to the best tapas street in Barcelona so make sure to indulge while you are there!

Room tip: The higher up you go in the building , the worse the wi-fi. I barely had it in my room on the 5th floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo