Open today: 10:30 - 14:30, 17:00 - 22:00
Review Highlights
An amazing wine tasting experience

We booked a wine tasting experience as part of a hen party weekend in Barcelona and all I can say... read more

Reviewed today
Jess C
London, United Kingdom
A can’t miss in Barça

Very knowledgeable staff and top quality wines. I went in looking to buy a couple bottles to bring... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

from US$79.93
from US$88.20
from US$91.70
More Info
All reviews devour barcelona wine tasting jamon delicious tapas vermut vermouth misty cava shop knowledge
Reviewed 21 May 2018

During our recent 2 week trip around the country of Spain we began and finished our trip in Barcelona. Bodega Maestrazgo was on our list of places to try for Tapas since we had seen it featured on youtube videos. Our server, Misty, was also a partner in the bodega. She was there both times we visited and we LOVED her. She is adorable, personable, and is from Ireland, so it was easy to converse with her since English was her native language. Both times we visited she spent some time and chatted with us. She recommended a killer tapas platter that we loved SO much we went back a second time to have it again and we are still talking about it (it had tuna, artichokes, olive tapenade, red pepper sauce and crunchy pieces of toast), SO GOOD!! If you are near the Born district you must check out this adorable Bodega. Also, the wine selection was amazing!!

Reviewed 18 May 2018

We had a wine tasting for a group of business people worldwide who were in Barcelona for an international conference. Everybody had such a great time that the thanks rolled in for days afterwards. Misty was such a fun and gracious host and had organised a perfect evening. The stories about the wine and the different tastings were just brilliant. Also Jose the owner of the bodega is such a lovely person and you can just feel the passion that they put behind their work. It is so wonderful to see people being passionate about their wine. And also great food was being served as well. An absolut brilliant evening. I have and am recommending this place to everybody who visits Barcelona. If you like wine and lovely people it is an absolute heaven!!!!!! Will be back!

1  Thank anitastampfl
Reviewed 17 May 2018

A group of friends and I came to Bodega Maestrazgo for a private wine tasting, and it ended up being the highlight of our weekend in Barcelona! The private room is great, and there was so much more food than I expected! Our host Misty really made the night - she was great fun while also teaching us loads about the Bodega and the delicious wines. I would absolutely go back :)

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I love Barcelona and just found another reason to love it more, "Bodega Maestrazgo" I had researched shops to buy wine in Barcelona before my last trip. I wanted to find a place close to my hotel. The location that kept appearing in recommendations was Bodega Maestrazgo and it was just down the street from my hotel. After an afternoon walking through the streets of Barcelona shopping, eating tapas and drinking wine it was 5PM and time for the Bodega Maestrazgo to open. As we arrived there was already a line out front waiting for the shuttered entrance to open. In a few minutes the door opened. It was all we had expected bottles of wine on one wall and barrels of wine on the other and wine barrel tables throughout. You could buy glasses of wine for approximatley 2-3 euros per glass right out of the barrels on the wall. Nice deal!! We were met by a nice young lady, we told her we were looking for local wines to the region (red) that were currently not exported. We did not want to buy wines that we could get at home. She brought out several wines that we tasted and then explained and showed us numerous others. We bought eight bottles and left very happy. This place was great as was the assistance we received. We will be back in Barcelona next year and will most assuredly be stopping there again. I hope to make arrangements for being able to get a tasting as well as some cheese and meat to go along with it. Cannot wait, if you like wine this is a don't miss location in Barcelona.

Reviewed 4 May 2018

After finding this bodega online I corresponded with them a lot via email and on the telephone to arrange an afternoon’s wine, cava and vermouth tasting with tapas: for my two friends pre-wedding celebration. From the very first email Misty was sincere, helpful, engaging and gave lots information about the options available; I didn’t even bother contacting any other wine tasting places after this as there was no point in my opinion.

Upon arriving into Barcelona two friends and I visited the Bodega ahead of the surprise party to meet Misty and Jose and, to ‘sample’ some wines……well let’s just say several hours passed by whilst ‘sampling’ the wines and we were late back for dinner. Although to be honest we were not hungry due to the delicious tapas served with the wine; the artichoke, sundried tomato, tuna and tapenade tapas were amazing!

Surprise unveiled our party of fifteen had a private wine and tapas tasting afternoon which couldn’t have gone any better. Misty was very funny, knowledgeable about the wines being served, very attentive and, Jose and her chose some outstanding wines and cava’s……the porron tasting also made a very funny addition to the afternoon!
Up to this point I wasn’t really someone who knew much about or favoured Spanish wines however, the ones sampled at the Bodega I had never heard of before and, they have now become some of my favourites; especially the Arborino which is surprising given I mostly drink reds!

I really cannot praise this Bodega or Misty and Jose highly enough….it really is a wonderful place run by wonderful people and they made our party visit so, so memorable!

Make sure to visit whether its for one glass of wine, a tasting session or a chilled afternoon/evening of drinks