I stayed at this hotel first for 7 days and ended up extending my stay for another 3. I payed silly little money for the 10 days stay, something like €500 and this was with the "big breakfast" included throughout ALL of the days.
...and now I haven't even began to tell you about all the extra treatment that you get, which you maybe would be able to get at the more expensier hotels too...but then you would have to pay big money for that too I guess..
...yeah...did I tell you the hotel itself is located as central as it can be in Barcelona?...yeah...well then..that too is worth a extra euro or two.
As one reviewer wrote;
“The rooms are decked out with antiques and that the windows are open to a duct.
Yes, some beds are small, but that is what I asked and paid for and not a room with a king or queen bed, but in the end of the day, you choose this hotel if you want something "different".
The room that I lived in was cleaned every day and the cleaning personal is very flexible with the cleaning times. In most other hotels the cleaning personal has a certain time frame often not more then a couple of hours when it comes to cleaning a room.
But here the cleaning personal could be available from early morning to late in the afternoon! This was incredible!
Another thing is that you simply could talk to the hotel manager or the cleaning personal and tell then at what time you wish to have your room cleaned at.
Also another great thing is that they ask when YOU would like to eat your breakfast! (for the next day to come)
I never had a problem with the bathroom, always clean and the water that came from the shower was hot, I never did had to wait for the water to heat up or anything like that, hot water in an instant.
Also I took the liberty in taking a shower for 30 minutes during one time because I simply could not seem to leave from there, and I can vouch for the constant hot water.
Staff was incredible friendly and helpful, this is an understatement at best...
My stay at the hotel had one aim, to find a job, I didn't come there for a romantic weekend or anything like that, but still, every time I opened the door to the hotel and stepped in, you can't miss the love in the air that the hotel atmosphere has.
Like I said, it's not the world's best hotel, but the service that you get there from the hotel managers is priceless. All the tips, all the help, around the clock! Just call if you need anything or if you are in any kind trouble....priceless service.
There is so much more to write about because my 10 days were really filled with a lot of things happening but, I'll save this for another time =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L´Antic Espai arises after a dream of creating in Barcelona a special space with an old world charm. we create an place in which always, we wished to enjoy a pleasant stay and where you feel like in your own house. Our services and personalized treatment will make you to remember and miss us for ever in all trips you plan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hostal L' Antic Espai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal l` Antic Espai Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal L' Antic Espai Barcelona, Catalonia