Excellent location for walking around the city. Very clean rooms and friendly staff. The walls are very thin, so bring ear plugs.
The entrance to the hostel is on the second floor of the building. It took us 10 minutes or so to find it when we arrived at night.
The restaurant right below the hostel was fantastic! Also, visit Cacao Sampaka for amazing hot chocolate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Barcelona City Hotel- Hotel Universal!Barcelona City Hotel is a hotel located in Barcelona center, a few meters away from Passeig de Gracia. Our hotel offers you value for money just two blocks away from the Placa Catalunya, where the Gothic Quarter and the famous Ramblas of Barcelona begin.Enjoy the city and relax in your room with free wifi, flatscreen TV, private bathroom, air-conditioned, heating... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Barcelona City Hotel Universal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Universal Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona City Hotel Universal Catalonia