This has to be the most horrific hostal experience ever. Not only did my boyfriend have to walk blocks up and down to actually FIND the place- but there is NO SIGN on the door that tells you that you've arrived to the hostal.
Let me get started by saying that I have stayed in hostals before- I highly recommend the MareNostrum Hostal in Barcelona- and I have been travelling since I was 2. The moment I walked into this place, the walls were all mossy and needed some serious painting, and lacked cared. The elevator looked like a torture chamber- a kind of Texas Chainsaw Massacre-like setting. I would honestly not be surprised if someone got caught in there once or twice.
The beds looked old (and stained) and the room faced an old broken wall from the other building. THIS IS NO WAY IS CENTRALLY LOCATED. There are far better places that you can get for what this place tried to charge us (250 euros for three night). For that price, you can stay at the Zenith Borrell hotel which is 6 blocks away and a four star hotel.
Please note that this place DOES NOT refund your money if you are not satisfied and/or decide to cancel your reservation.
Hideous place, not to mention scary. I can only image what people go through trying to find this place in the middle of the night.
Oh and here is the best part- the "manager on site" is a nearly barefooted 27 year old nerd with dirty feet who will not HELP YOU AT ALL. Do not trust the pictures on their website and if you do end end up coming and getting charged an obnoxious amount of money for such a craphole, call your credit card company and start a dispute process.
These people are fraudelent and not willing to even help you out if you are in a bind. DO NOT STAY HERE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wellcome to Barcelona City Centre! This accommodation allows you to enjoy a privileged location in Barcelona that will allow you to sleep one step away from everywhere. Just three blocks away from Catalunya square, Las Ramblas or the gothic quarter; near Passeig de Gràcia, the touristic bus, Gaudi’s Casa Batlló and the modernistm route. The rooms offer you everything necessary to have a pleasant stay, an experience you will wish to repeat. All rooms are air-conditioned and enjoy private bathroom, tv, satellite tv, free wi-fi acces to internet, hairdryer, refrigerator...Furthermore, any of our guest rooms include access to all the services and facilities of the common area, with the possibility of using a computer with internet acces for free, microwave, kettle, cups, vending machine…Enjoy the city, sleep easy! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, HostelWorld, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Barcelona City Centre Hostal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona City Centre Hostal Hotel Barcelona
- Barcelona City Centre Hostal Catalonia