My husband and I just got back from a cruise initiating in Barcelona and wanted to go in a couple of days early to see the city and adjust to the time change. After reading the reviews of this property, I booked with this hotel but was hesitant given some of the reviews I read...don't be! The hotel is in an excellent location - we walked to Las Ramblas and took the metro to the other sites we wanted to see. I suggest you buy the 10 ticket pass right off - a couple can share the same ticket and it doesn't have an expiration period. A metro stop is just down the street from the hotel - easy walk. Everyone talks about purse snatchers and the like in Barcelona and upon checking in the hotel clerk warned us to be careful and that the hotel provided a free in-room safe for our valuables. We had purchased those money belts you hide under your clothing and had absolutely no problems in this city at all. The hotel also has a secure entry - you should buzz to be let in, but the clerks minding the desk are vigilant and often see you standing there before you buzz and will let you in on sight. Both clerks we encountered, the day and evening clerk, were friendly and helpful. Upon check-in the evening clerk even gave us a map of Barcelona - an excellent map...I was rather sorry I had bought a tour book with the map in the back pocket before leaving home - didn't need it. The hotel's map - and knowing which sites you want to visit by checking the internet before you go - would have done it.
The hotel offers a breakfast but at 10 Euro each we thought that was a bit pricey and probably more than we needed to eat first thing in the morning so we opted to walk down the street a bit and on the same side as the hotel (turn right when you leave the hotel) you'll find a couple of places that offer breakfast pastries/croissants and coffee at a reasonable price.
We thoroughly enjoyed Barcelona and if we return to this city I would definitely stay here again. They were very helpful and accommodating. Upon checking out they stored our luggage for us so we could see more of the city before boarding the ship. Oh, and the room - it was clean, the bed the was comfortable, the bathroom nicer than many I have seen, and it was quiet enough that noise never bothered us at night when we went to sleep. We aren't night owls, and for a city that doesn't even eat dinner until 9 pm that's saying something. Our first morning in Barcelona we slept until 12:30 pm! That's not because we stayed up late; it was due to jet lag and a testament to how quiet the room actually was. What more could someone want?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SERHS Del Port is the perfect place to stay if you want to be in the center of Barcelona. Within just a few minutes' walk from the bustling Las Ramblas and beautiful port area, this newly built hotel provides exceptional value and a high level of modern comfort. Non-smoking hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your SERHS Del Port Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hesperia Del Port Barcelona
- Hesperia Del Port Hotel Barcelona
- SERHS Del Port Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia