“Great room, great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Constanza Barcelona

Hotel Constanza Barcelona
Ranked #75 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
“Great room, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Very clean and modern room. Friendly staff. Ask for a room in the back (with a balcony).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Larnaca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

The hotel Constanza was situated in a very convenient location in walking-distance to La Rambla and Placa Catalunya. It was spotlessly clean, the staff were very helpful and it was warm at all times. The room was a little on the small size but very comfortable with constant hot water and always quiet! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I can only speak of the room I had which was great... small but cosy and very warm.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank esavva
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I'd like to stay here in a future. Good location, nice people who work at the hotel and clean room.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank chupina
Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Constanza twice in a month. The first visit I was traveling solo so booked a single room and was given room 112. This was my first visit to Spain but I was surprised at how small the room was. It was furnished in chocolate brown and with only one light near the door, made it very dark. There was a lamp by the bed, but it was impossible to read at night. The wash basin was the tiniest I have ever seen, which meant I had to kneel on the floor and do my laundry in the bath. When I discussed this with the reception staff, they said they had given me the best single room in the hotel and offered to show me the others, which I declined.

I liked the very convenient location of the hotel and I told them I would be returning to Barcelona with a friend in 3 weeks time and could they give me a twin room at a good rate. This they did and we were given room 306, which was large and had a separate area with a sofa and wardrobe between the bedroom and the bathroom. This was a great area to put our bags. The bathroom was spacious and had a large shower recess and basin. We were extremely happy in this room for the last 4 nights of our stay in Spain. The free computer use in the lobby was much appreciated and the reception staff were always happy to help us with directions etc. It was walking distance to the main upmarket shopping street, more restaurants than you could try in a lifetime, the airport bus, and most of the popular sites. A special thank you to Radha in reception for his friendliness and professionalism. When I return to Barcelona I would happily stay here again but I would pay extra and get the larger room.

Room Tip: Ask for room 306 or ask for a room away from the noise of the construction site next door.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank TravelbugVietnam
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed in Hotel Constanza for 2 nights in December with my family. We took the short train ride from the airport to Passeig de Gracia and it was about a 15 minute walk from there. We were greeted by friendly hotel staff on arrival who were very helpful. We were able to check-in straight away even though we were quite early.

We had suite rooms as they were the only ones available at the time of booking and they were great value for money. Our rooms were on the 2nd floor. They were very modern and spacious, the beds were comfy and the bathrooms were big with a massive walk-in shower. There was a TV, safe, air-con and hairdryer in the room. Our room had a small terrace which faced the external courtyard (which would have been lovely if it had been warmer!). My parents room had a lovely balcony opening out to the main road. It wasn't noisy though.

The location of the hotel is great. There are lots of beautiful attractions within walking distance including the Casa Batllo and the Arc de Triomf. The start of Las Ramblas is about a 10-15 minute walk away and there's lots of small cafes and restaurants close by. There is a metro stop very close to take you further afield.

Breakfast was not included with our room. However, it is available at 20 euros per person. We chose to eat there on the morning of our departure to save time. I wouldn't recommend it. It was far too expensive for what you got - bread, ham, cheese and cereal. There are much better cafes close by which we went to the day before.

FYI we ended up having to get a taxi to the airport on the way back. The hotel staff booked on for us and it arrived within literally seconds. Took about 25mins and cost about 35 euros.

Overall I would stay in Hotel Constanza again. Great location, nice rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple