“Brilliant apartment in a lovely area of Barcelona”
Living room, Wifi, Cable, Btooth HiFi, sunny terrace with sea views, 2 sofas (200x140cm HQ sofa-bed) Living room, dining room, terrace exit at the end of the space. Carefully chosen antiques and design
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Room
Living Room
Tv (International channels), Blu-ray, Hi-Fi with bluetooth connection, cd/dvd collection. Antiques
Main couch, which is a high quality sofa-bed. Decoration combines antiques and design pieces
Dining area next to the living room
Living room with two comfortable couches, even couch covers are tailor-made, best quality linen
Linen in the apartment combines tailor made with best quality textiles, leather and hand made carpet
Detail of an auxiliar design lamp
Detail of the lamp above the table
Furniture detail (dining area)
Detail of antiques carefully chosen for the living room floor, enjoy the shapes, textures and colour
The Master Bedroom
Master bedroom general view, with combined antique and design furniture
The Master Bedroom
Master bedroom with the office area. Perfect wifi in all the apartment.
Office area in Master bedroom. Various Barcelona, Catalonia books. Enjoy the Impressive Guest Guide!
The Queen Bedroom
Second Bedroom with double-bed. Antiques and design. An individual bed can be added on demand
Second Bedroom with double-bed. Every detail, lamp, furniture, house linen, is carefully chosen
Second bedroom with two beds (double plus individual), added at no cost. Also HQ sofa-bed in living.
Kitchen
Big kitchen, perfectly equipped, even with table. All necessary electros, everything best quality
Kitchen
Kitchen office. Splendid welcome pack, and the owner personal service has been tripadvisor awarded!
Even in the kitchen you find antiques that have been carefully chosen
Kitchen
Bathroom with shower/bath tube. Even first aid kit, couture/sewing kit, hair dryer...all details
Terrace
The romantic terrace with five chairs, is intimate and you have some sea views from it
Terrace view, you can see the sea, steps away, which is behind the white building in same block
Terrace
Home Entrance
Entrance
Parking
Elevators
Street
Some Master Bedroom details
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Lindyloo1...
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Brilliant apartment in a lovely area of Barcelona”
Reviewed 27 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Apartment was fantastic, fully equipped with everything you could possibly need. Exactly like the pictures.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Apartment was lovely and clean
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
fayaz0
“Fabulous apartment! Do not hesitate to book it!!!”
Reviewed 20 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

We went to Barcelona for the first time as a family of 5 and couldn't have picked a better location or apartment.
We have young teenage children and wanted shopping centre/restaurants/ cafes/ shops/close proximity to attractions and beach whilst not being too touristy.
We wanted quick easy access to the sights of Barcelona whilst not having the noise and bustle of living next to them.
The area felt safe well into the evening and we were happy to allow the kids to explore the local area which they thoroughly enjoyed. There was a basketball and football pitch a short walk away aswell as volleyball nets on the beach. Both of which are 5 minutes walk away.
There is a beautiful olive grove you can see from the apartment which is lovely to relax in.
There are numerous facilities within close reach which enhance the appeal of the flat like the easy access to the metro and bus links and beach of course!
The apartment is beautifully decorated and easy to keep tidy. Numerous Tv channels in English for the kids was very helpful as was the good wifi connection!
The beds are very comfortable and the area quiet in order to get much needed sleep after a day of exploring the city.
Everything you need is there pretty much. Washer/dryer means you can pack lightly. Cooking facilties are excellent and help to make the most of all the delicious local produce.
The apartment owner David is incredibly helpful and knowledgeable about the area. His advice helped us make the most of our trip and maximise the 6 nights we had. He arranged the taxi trip to the airport and we wish we had asked him to arrange the trip to the apartment also as it was trouble free. Contacting him was never a problem and he was only too happy to help.
We cannot fault our experience of the apartment and regard this as one of the best holidays we have had as a family.
Barcelona is a lovely place to visit and the people are exceptionally friendly and helpful.
We would highly recommend to family and friends!!!

Value Rooms

Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Noni F
“Comfortable but a bit far out of town.”
Reviewed 12 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

10 min walk to metro and at least 10 minutes on metro to the major Barcelona sights. Beach close by - 5 to 10 minute walk. New neighbourhood which was "sterile" and lacking in "atmosphere".
Clean and well-equipped.
Friendly host, but too much information, especially on just arriving - Took 40 minutes to get in the front door and we were pretty tired.
Very quiet, very secure, and includes carparking.
Not good if you want to be central to all the sights, but good if you need to park a car, want peace and quiet, and want to be near a beach.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet, comfortable and well-equipped
Liked least: Too far out of town and too much information.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
Management Response
11 Dec 2014
First of all, many thanks for having chosen my apartment for your stay in Barcelona and for your kindness during your stay.
Also thanks for your review, I expected a 5 stars one like all the ones I've previously had...but after more than 70 five-stars in several websites, one day it had to happen...although I don't understand why you rate only 3 stars when between the nine specific indicators, you rate the apartment 5 stars in 4 of them, 4 stars in another 4 of them, and 3 stars in only 1.
I hope my comments together with yours help future guests to have all the information they might need.
You comment positively about a friendly host, for which I thank you.
Usually guests would appreciate me coming to see them personally maybe four or five times during their stay, as I made with you, offering even to take you (at no cost) to a ride through the city or surroundings, and sending some e-mails to check that you were right and needed nothing, but probably it was opposite for some reason with you... I think that you needed more rest and you would have prefered me simply not coming, sorry for that...maybe you should have told me.
You comment that you had «too much information». Well, I think one of my strenghts (and for which I've had so many positive reviews and received the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence) is the service I provide to my guests, which is unique...that is in part because I do my best to explain guests upon arrival everything, and I keep in touch with them during their stay.
This starts with the apartment door, with explanation of the location of most useful services, like closest supermarkets, recommended restaurants, shopping mall, prepare food, rubbish and recycling, the lovely «Rambla de Poblenou» and «Plaça Prim», which are walking distance from the apartment...
This takes about half an hour and if explained from upstairs it's not so easily understood, as it's hard to locate yourself when just arrived to a new place....
After that if the guest wish I continue explaining everything about the apartment when upstairs, and about main area and city atractions..., and as the apartment has an impressive self-made city guide with all area and city atractions, I like to comment it briefly when upstairs as is a great tool...but I come next day if you are too tired at that moment, if it's necessary and possible for both...my excuses if I didnt' realize you were too tired for that, but neither did you tell me
... just what for you as you were feeling too tired in that moment has been the reason for a negative comment, is considered for most of the people an exceptional service...
On the other hand, you comment that the area has «lack of atmosphere». Well, to me the location of this apartment is a great advantage. It's located in the brand new and luxury quarter «Diagonal Mar». This is at Sant Martí District, which by the way is the district next to Ciutat Vella (the old town).
Everyone considers this area the city center, as it takes, as you have commented, around 20 minutes (6 underground stations plus the short walk to the underground) just to arrive, door to door, to the Cathedral, just as an example.
The apartment is located at a beachfront block, with some sea views from the terrace, and you only have to walk down the corner and cross a street to be in the sand of the beach, so in Barcelona you can hardly be closer to the sand than here. Of course you have to cross a road as this is a big city and not a small coast town, and might take 5 minutes to arrive to the sand from the apartment door...but again it's not possible in Barcelona being closer to the beach than here!.
You have to understand if you come to Barcelona, that it's a big city, which means it's impossible to be walking distance to all atractions...like in NY you would not be able to be staying walking distance 10 minutes to the Empire state, Liberty statue, MOMA and Central park... you will have to move around to visit things.
You have to choose one of the areas, and try to be well communicated with the others. I.e. if you stay at the Sagrada Familia, then you are far away from the beach, and Poblenou area, but...I suppose you will only go to visit the Sagrada Familia one day...is it worth staying there then?. Diagonal Mar district is newer and more classy...and luxury than more traditional areas, being very close.
The Old town has for some people more «atmosphere», and you will find lots of atractions in a 10 minutes walk if you stay there, but from my apartment you can still go there in just 10 minutes more, and in exchange, the area here is brand new, with modern architecture around, ecologic automatic trash system inside the building, wifi...you have a secure parking in the same building, elevator, air conditioning...and that's nearly impossible in the old town...apart from the fact that the apartment decoration, linen and electros are unusually new and high quality and exactly as appear in the webpage description and pictures, as the apartment has been renewed this 2014 summer.
Also the Diagonal Mar area is a lot safer than other centric areas like the old town, and not noisy at all, if you had chosen another area, maybe after some restless nights you would be looking forward to having came here, (I've had sometimes guests moving from other areas to my apartment because their apartment was so noisy they couldn't sleep, or they didn't like seeing young teenagers throwing out at night in a pub of their street when they arrived home, even losing big part of their previous stay money)!.
So I have to say I disagree about your considerations about the area, but it's all relative...
Yes it is a new development area with some skyscrapers and office/hotel buildings, but it's luxury and in less than 200 meters distance from the apartment door (some just in front of the apartment or next to it) you have about 16 bars/ restaurants, supermarket, fruit shop, grocery, several hotels, banks..., and just a little bit further walking distance (10 to 15 minutes) you have the charming Rambla Poblenou and Plaça Prim, if you are looking for some traditional architecture and atmosphere...and opposite side same distance you have the biggest shopping mall in Barcelona with the skyscrapers of the Forum area and its new arquitecture!. So this is in the middle of both!.
After all, to avoid any possible misunderstandings, you receive the apartment address when inquirying so you can google street view it if you wish.
Also distance to the underground is three blocks but I find that pretty close (again, it's not possible to have underground exactly at the beachfront because of construction costs, but you cannot be just next to everything, if the apartment was located at the underground door, then you would be three blocks far from the beach, and apartment location would be not as good, as it's a much nicer being at the beachfront than a bit further but next to the underground).
By the way regarding transport, yes indeed not only underground is only three blocks away, also bus stop is less than 50 meters from the apartment door, and the hop on-hop off bus is just next to it..., I suppose there is a reason for the tourist bus stopping just next to the apartment!.
Real estate prizes in the Diagonal Mar area are double than in the Old town, in example, which means local people (who are supposed to be the experts about the city) think that this area is a lot better for living...
But of course after all everything is relative, what for some people are advantadges for others are disadvantadges...
Regarding information before arrival, which is the only indicator that you rated 3 stars:
In my answer to your first inquiry I did include the apartment address, the approximate taxi time and cost from airport (around 30-35€ and minutes) as it's the best way of transport to the apartment, indications for public transport if you decide to use that.
Please remember I even sent you after your inquiry a pdf file with google maps of the apartment area, the apartment block picture with exact location of the apartment, and another pdf of a map with concrete location of some of main services next to the apartment. Do you know any other owner who does this?.
Later, with confirmation email I resent the address, and in your case I even explained for the couple who were sharing the apartment with you and coming by car, the highway they would be using and the exit they had to take at the highway to reach the apartment, even with google street maps link image attached!.
Unfortunately the driving couple got lost on arrival and arrived late (maybe they lost around 15 minutes near the apartment and was hard for us to meet them as was dark night time), but I don't think that was due to lack of information, honestly I don't know any other owner who sends similar level of detailed information as I do.
I was at the apartment personally before your and the other couple arrival, although they were coming before you and it was late at night, to make sure they knew how to park and everything was fine, when most property owners would have simply given you the keys and explain it to you...
Again many thanks for having chosen me, and for your kindness, please accept my excuses for any misunderstanding or excess of care!
Also thanks for your review, I will take it as a challenge to keep learning and improving even more my service!.
I expect you coming back to Barcelona in the future, knowing the city better, and that you will choose again my area and property. Also I hope my comments after your review might be helpful for future city visitors!.
With my best wishes,
David
kissowr
Ireland
“Great base for a beach stay in Barcelona”
Reviewed 5 October 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Hi,
we recently stayed at Davids apartment and found it to be a wonderful base for a beach holiday in Barcelona.
The apartment was well fitted out and very comfortable and David went to a lot of trouble to supply the necessities we needed for our holiday as well as providing us with lots of information on local restaurants and things to do which made our holiday even better.
We found it to be a well equipped apartment and very good value. We were able to stroll to the beach in the mornings and enjoy the local restaurants at night. We will be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: proximity to the beach
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing