All reviews sagrada familia accommodation balcony hostel neighborhood location noise
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

No amenities. It's just a room. Woken up multiple times every night by the bell which comes through to reception. Receptionist goes to bed and takes 30 minutes to wake up to the bell. Ridiculous. Would not recommend

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Wife and me visited Barcelona in April 2017. Decided to stay in Hostalin. It is basically a part of the first and second floor in a building divided into rooms. Rooms are rather small but with en suite. Our room itself was clean and change of towels and toiletries was performed every 2 days ( but you should put a sign on the door for that purpose). Would recommend to book a superior room with the balcony ( it is really not much of a balcony) but feels more airy. All major sights Placa Cataluny, Born district, Barri Gothic, Passeig De Gracia, Sagrada Famila church are in walking distance some 15 -20 minutes. The metro station Teutan is only 250 meters away but this part of Exiample neighborhood is not filled with lots of nice cafes and boutiques. Staff were polite. Major disadvantage of the accommodation is the noise- both from the street and from adjacent rooms since doors are definitely not sound-proof. Overall it is a value for your money but next time would consider to book a room in other locations from Hostalin especially in their Passeig de Gracia Hostal since it is a nicer part of the Exiample.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent location in the heart of the more upmarket district of Barcelona. Accommodation was perfect; clean, comfortable and cool.
The staff went out of their way to be helpful and told us of certain places to visit and see, that we would have otherwise missed. Including cancelling and rebooking tickets to fit our tight schedule.
This is a must for those wanting piece of mind. It's a must. We will be returning.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2016

I wanted a place to sleep with a shower & thats what I got, very basic but it met my needs & at a cheap price. Its hard to find & get in at 1st, we arrived in the dark around 7pm and I resorted to ring all the rooms as it was hard to see but once located & key received, no more problems & its location is very good for getting around & central. I would use this Hostel again.

Room Tip: We was in room 14, no window & no chair but I don't know what other rooms had.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This is a small hotel,although outside looks a quaint hotel, it is modern simple and basic rooms inside with flat screed tv, we stayed in room #9 on October 16-18th. The staff are very helpful special mention to Alex. There are a lot of restaurants nearby i.e. asian, italian,middle eastern, etc.
The room we had have a large window and small balcony, the room and the bathroom was cleaned everyday.
It is close to Sagrada Familia
I highly recommend this if you are on a budget and want a clean and comfortable room.
Definitely I will use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get room with balcony and window.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple