“Friendly receptionist, great location, good facilities = A fantastic hotel. I would recommend!”

H10 Montcada Boutique Hotel
Ranked #66 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Within 2 hours of arriving in BCN I had my handbag snatched from me. Luckily I managed to snatch it back but I was very shaken up. As I arrived at H10 Montcada, the receptionist was very friendly. I explained to her what had happened to me and she offered a glass of champagne to calm me down. She gave me some map's of the area and explained where the best places to go were. She was absolutely lovely and made me feel calm and relaxed. The room was sound-proof which was amazing considering the noise outside. Very good facilities - It's only flaw is that my room did smell of smoke a bit - but overall, a fantastic hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I wasn't expecting too much, given the late booking and suspiciously low price. So this was a pleasant surprise.

The rooms are small, like most hotels in southern Europe. But in fairness, it is exceptionally well laid out, and no space is wasted. It doesn't feel cramped.

The decor didn't jar, the bed was comfortable, the TV worked, the bathroom was spotless, the shower was hot and powerful, and there was a small desk to run a laptop. It was cheap. Wifi worked. Checking in and out was painless, and there was even a glass of cava on offer. That's pretty much all I want from a business hotel, but I wouldn't have any reservations about coming back as a couple either.

I will probably book here again next time I am back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dundee UK
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Very good hotel with excellent staff in a great location. Stayed with friends in three rooms all of which were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Feature of the hotel was the cleanliness - the glass mirrors in the lift were always spotless. Hotel offers a very good breakfast for 9.90 eus although there are numerous cafes in the area which offer coffee and toast for 3 - 5 euros. Perfect location for walks to the harbour area or through the cathedral area to La Rambla. Trip included visits to sagrada familia (easy 25 min walk) Gaudi house at park guell (4 stops on the metro) and Barcelona zoo (easy 10 min walk). Hotel staff also obtained tickets for Barcelona v Valencia (6 stops on metro then easy walk). Clear the congested area at end of the match and get a taxi back to hotel for 8 eus. All visits recommended. Fantastic city, great hotel, great trip.

Room Tip: Floors seven and eight give a nice view over the city.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Our 4 night stay was made so memorable by the excellent service of the staff. We are used to Catalan hospitality but the staff in the hotel went beyond. Nothing was too much trouble and always a smile. The room was not huge but perfectly adequate, clean with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom & facilities were excellent. Breakfast in the restaurant also was beyond expectations. An abundance of choice. All in all we cannot praise this hotel enough.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank mikeh515
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of November beg. Dec. Managed to get a really good deal both from the hotel and Last Minute. Could not fault this hotel, friendly, helpful and efficient. Free glass of champagne and a free cocktail! Rooms clean and comfortable. Close to everything, one block over from Las Rambla, close to the tour buses. Hotel staff gave us all the information we needed to make our stay in Barcelona a good one, always had time to explain and a great breakfast to set us up for the walk around. As it was November we didn't try the spa on the roof but did go up there for the views, wow!!
Unfortunately I had my bag snatched and the hotel could not have done more for us, contacting the police and translating when they arrived, letting us use the telephone to cancel cards etc. and much more. Thank you for everything you did.
Despite what happened we loved Barcelona and would certainly go back and stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends