We stayed one night in this hotel, 150 euros including breakfast for an evening business meeting. Duty Manager called as soon as we were in room to make sure all ok. I noticed the breakfast price was 30 euros per person, but breakfast was great, no question. Buffet style, bacon eggs, mushrooms, sausages, hams, cheese, rolls, jams, fruits etc. Staff spoke English to varying levels and seemed pleased to help. Room was clean but a little tired and obviously in need of a re-decoration. Room was a good size. It is important to remember room size is an integral part of the Spanish hotel star system. As there is no international star system for hotels, (really!!) comforts can change as you travel. However, our room had hairdryer, TV, safe, etc. No trouser press. Minibar but with insane prices, so take your own drinking water (you dont want to drink Barcelona tap water; healthwise ok, but awful taste), soft drinks, night caps etc. Location is not fantastic for the city, you will need to take Metro or taxi, so consider that. Do not take taxis from outside the hotel, walk down the road a bit and hail one. A lot cheaper.
All in all, a good hotel for conferences, visiting Camp Nou or for weekend breaks if you get an good offer from their webpage, but for longer stays visiting the city, perhaps I would want to stay a little closer to the centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first 5* hotel in the city, this emblematic luxury retreat forms part of the history of Barcelona and bristles with tales around national and international royalty and important figures from the world of politics, culture and entertainment who have been amongst its guests. Perfectly located on the famous Avinguda Diagonal - in the noble financial district of the city - it is only a 5 minute walk away from Camp Nou football stadium, home of the legendary FC Barcelona, and a mere 12km from the airport. Its 500 timelessly elegant rooms are all exterior-facing and offer - from the 9th floor up - magnificent panoramic views of the Catalan capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelona Princesa Sofia
- Princess Sofia Barcelona
- Princess Sofia Hotel Barcelona
- Gran Hotel Princesa Sofia Barcelona, Catalonia