“BETRUG-FRAUD, Stay away”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Babylon Idiomas Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Babylon Idiomas offers a range of Intensive Spanish courses in schools throughout Spain, including our wonderfully located school in Barcelona. Our company was established in 2002 and we've grown ever since to become one of the leading language learning institutes in the world. Babylon Idiomas was voted best Spanish language school in 2011 for the second time after winning as well in 2008.
Reviewed 4 April 2015 via mobile

After doing a course there two years ago, I stayed in contact with some of the teachers. During my stay in April 2015 I met one of them for coffee and she told me that the teachers had not received their wages for four months. Neither have the families that provide accomodation for the students.
That is why the teachers are on strike and the families kicked the students out. Despite that, Babylon idiomas Sees to accept payments for courses and accomodation they cannot provide. So stay away and warn others. The teachers cannot do anything about the situation, but they feel horrible and have asked me to publish this warning.

4  Thank --Regensburg--4

Reviewed 30 March 2015

I came to Babylon to learn Spanish, instead, teachers were on strike and didn't keep classes, because they weren't paid for a few months. I asked my money back, but they said they CANNOT give me back my money. So, I lost 400 euros. They won't tell you this situation, but if you get there. Robbers!

4  Thank Flovwer
Reviewed 23 March 2015

Great teachers but this school is going out of business. The Barcelona school isn't paying their teachers and, as a result, they are on strike - only working Tuesday - Thursday. Avoid at all costs!! Its a shame since their teachers are all good and deserve better!

2  Thank Bobbi882
Reviewed 20 March 2015

The teachers at this school (at least in Valencia) are on indefinite strike after not having been paid for the last several months´ work. If you book this school you will not receive your classes and it is unclear whether we will receive our money back. Disaster. Choose a different school! In addition, they will not confirm any of this to you in writing, and certainly not before you actually arrive in Spain to find the school closed.

5  Thank Elena M
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2015

The teachers at this school are wonderful but unfortunately it might not be around for much longer. At the moment there are only classes Tuesday to Thursday because the teachers are on strike Monday and Friday, the reason being is that they haven't been paid for months.
It is still possible to pay for courses in the future, but this is an highly inadvisable thing to do as the school in on the brink as the school is barely functioning at the moment.
My advice would be to find another school in Barcelona.

1  Thank travellinguru45