“Fantastic service and great food”

La Botiga Rambla Catalunya
Ranked #4,692 of 10,956 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Situated on la Rambla Catalunya, 27 - between Gran Via & Diputacio.
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We dined at La Botiga as it was just downstairs from our hotel Praktik Rambla so very convenient. We didn't make a reservation but were warmly welcomed and received fantastic attentive service throughout our meal.

We had struggled a little with the lack of variety of some Spanish menus (we were visiting from Australasia) and were pleasantly surprised with the menu here. I enjoyed the beef medallions which were full of flavour and cooked to perfection. We were so pleased we chose to try out La Botiga.

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

I visited La Botiga after a recommendation from a colleague at work who is from the area. I was not disappointed.

Food was of a high quality and presented well. They serve a menu of traditional ( ... And the occasional modern twist) tapas and a la carte.

Staff were friendly, warm and welcoming.

Hints / tips

1. Do not be deceived if arriving before 8:30 pm and seeing an empty restaurant. Locals will fill up the place very quickly particularly on a Saturday.
2. The restaurant does not have a presence outside. This can make it slightly harder to find. It is directly opposite the NH Collection Gran Calleron hotel.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

Good location, surrounded by other restaurants
Staff: very basic understanding of English, I asked if table water was free, response was inaudible. When we paid (in cash), the waiter said "is that all"- presumably asking for a tip.

WATCH OUT: DISCREPENCIES BETWEEN MENU IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH/GERMAN ETC- bear in mind if you have allergies. in English, one pudding was described as a chocolate cup, in German it said nutella. main course menu was misleading and vague- see example below especially.

Food: myself and my girlfriend ordered burgers, mine was meant to have goats cheese in it, it turned out to be a dusting (no exaggeration) of what i presume to be parmesan, on just a burger patty with bun. No onion, tomato or anything else. The chips turned out to be essentially thicker versions of the ridiculously big chips you occasionally find in a pack of crisps.

very disappointed, the wine was the only saving grace and the price was not too much. As mentioned above, there is a lack of clarity over what is in the food, so if you have an allergy such as nuts then avoid pudding completely, only "safe" option was the lemon sorbet which I kindly declined.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

I had the worst paella here on my visit and I probably ate it five times. Do not order it. They subsequently told me it was not their specialty. Part of the problem is that they tried to serve it too quickly before I was done eating a previous course. At other restaurants we had time in between courses. I thought España was supposed to be relaxed. Not sure why they did that, since the restaurant was only 20 percent full. Then, it was not hot when they brought it. All they did was not serve it to me instead of keeping it hot. I'm used to a serving pan that you cannot touch. I sent it back to get reheated. I probably should have just set it back--period. If I was in the US I would have, but I was in another country. The other food we had was good, so overall I would recommend the place.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

This place was recommended by our Hachette "Big weekend in Barcelone" guide. Something must have changed after they wrote the book !

The first impression we got was that we were disturbing the waiter.
He literally threw the menu on the table, then kept us waiting for a very long time after we were finished chosing.
He had no excuse, we were the only customers, and he was a few meters from us, doing nothing.

The food was mediocre. I never liked too much cold grease !
A waitress came after that who was nice and smiling, but that was a bit too late ...