See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Best location, right in the middle of everything. Basic apartments, but everything you need. Who's stays in the apartments when you are in Barcelona anyway ay!? Cheap and cheerful, that is all you need really!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We booked into this property only a couple of days prior due to a change in plans. Going by the websites photos it looked acceptable. The room we were given was nothing like the photos. It hadn't had any maintenance is decades. Floor tiles were loose, wiring hanging out, mattress and pillows hard and lumpy and generally in bad condition. The only positive was the linen was clean.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Very outdated, undecorated apartments in the heart of Las Ramblas.
Rooms looks tied and seriously needs TLC. A/c works but very slow.
Shower did have lovely hot water.
Small one person managed 24hr reception area, but very helpful, they even stored our luggage after check out while we toured Barcelona for some 6/7 hours. Thankyou.
Due to its great location, the front and side apartments does get noise through out the night.
Hotel does give free password for wifi.
Overall OK for max two nights stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Been here with my friend and we stayed for 5 days. This apartment hotel is a simple and a lite bit rough place but it´s location is everything. It can be very noisy at the main street, Las Ramblas, but with earplugs you get at good sleep anyway. The staff is very friendly and we got clean towels every day, the bed is a little hard and I would like to see more equipments in the kitchen. But overall this was a good stay!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We have received as a wedding gift 2 nights stay wherever we wished in Barcelona, however I needed to book 1 night extra, paid by me due to the flight connections. So with only 3 full days in Barcelona, we wanted to enjoy the city without using too much the public transport such as metro/train/bus so I decided to find an accommodation in the city center, this is how we end up at the mur-mar apartments. I checked the reviews in advance but of course I was thinking maybe people are too picky and sometimes they exaggerate, just to find out that they were all right (all complaints against the hotel were, unfortunately, true). So there we were (me and my husband) really shocked because then we just realized we only pay for the location of the hotel and all the rest like : cleanness, a comfortable bed, maybe some new furniture or whatever makes an apartment look nice and worth the money (it's like you go back 100 years) were absolutely missing. In conclusion, if you are a group of 4 young people or more and you wish to book an expensive (expensive here I do not mean luxury or posh, just regarding the price) hotel on La Rambla, which is by the way very crowded and during the night extremely, awfully noisy, so zero expectations then I recommend this hotel. Pay attention what you pay for, as we didn't know that for the kitchen and air condition we have to pay extra. On the other hand, the staff was very polite and helpful with offering us information, this is mainly the reason is why I gave two at the rating and not one. Also the staff at the restaurant were very fast and polite.

Room tip: old furniture, old bathroom, bad condition beds and mattresses, 2nd floor noisy, polite staff, bad smell in rooms, no hair dryer
Date of stay: June 2017