“Great location, but basic European room design.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Flor Parks Hotel

Flor Parks Hotel
Ranked #210 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
Stuttgart, Germany
“Great location, but basic European room design.”
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Ok, I have to admit that the location is great, right on La Rambla, easily within walking distance to the Cathedral and the Gotic part of the city, close to metro stop and within walking distance to the bus you can take to/from the airport. We got a room overlooking a park at the back of the hotel, so we were exposed to limited street noise. However, we could hear people moving chairs, scraping them across the floor, at all hours of the night. Neighbors might as well have been in our rooms we could hear pretty much everything. But the rooms were clean if the bed wasn't much to write home about. The bathroom was roomy with a full sized tub/shower...and good water pressure which isn't always easy to find. One thing I was uncomfortable about was that when we checked in I felt pressured to buy a tour bus pass...it was one of those "buy it today or else you'll pay more later" deals. As it turned out, it was true, but only by a couple of euro. The front desk staff was friendly only when we checked in (only until we bought the tour package?), after that, they offered less conversation, but were polite. All in all, I think next time I go to Barcelona, and I WILL go to Barcelona again, I'll try another hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TandCfromHawaii

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Nearly no time left, we just booked a hotel in the center, which was not too pricy and went for the Flor Parks. We wanted a room with balcony and a higher floor. We ended up on second floor and the "balcony" was not even 0,5 square meters.
Walls are thin like paper: You hear pipes, elevators, cleaning maids ( even if they are in other floor ), and other noises you have pay for somewhere else.
The bed offered just a thin blanket, which was for November temperatures not sufficient. The first floor, which offers meeting rooms, TV room, bar is closed and seems to be on renovation.
Besides the nice location not a place to be.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cschiefer
herts
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I booked this hotel following favourable reviews from other travellers. On our arrival there was a fellow guest busily changing her room as the first was not to her liking. This didn't bode well but I was prepared to be open minded. We had booked a non-smoking room but weren't allocated one and discovered that the hotel was full so couldn't change rooms.

The room was very small which I wasn't really too bothered about but it reeked of stale cigarette smoke. The bed was a very small double and the bedspread had several stains on it. They looked unpleasant. We found another bedspread in the cupboard which was clean so we changed it ourselves. The sheets had cigarette burns on them. To be fair, the hotel member of staff to whom we spoke about it was very apologetic but he was the only one who was pleasant throughout our stay. The other staff were indifferent to say the least.

Although there was allegedly a bar (we always book a hotel with a bar) it was never open. There was no information in the room about the hotel so we didn't know what facilities were on offer. There was no instructions for anything. The bathroom was ok but very outdated and really needed to have been cleaned better. There were hairs in the bath - not ours! There were shampoos etc but the towels were old and thin and had definitely seen better days. One of our towels had a stain on which looked like mascara but we weren't sure.

Our room was at the back of the hotel and looked out over a tree-lined street which was actually quite nice. I imagine a room on the Ramblas side of the hotel could get noisy. Ours was noisy from the sound of scraping of chairs on the wooden floor above. It went on until about 4 am. The plumbing system was also very noisy. If anyone in the next room flushed the lavatory or had a shower we heard the pipes filling for some 20 minutes and it was VERY loud.

The restaurant doesn't appear to exist any more but there is a door from the hotel to the restaurant next door. We had breakfast there - once! It was terrible; the waiting staff were surly and the food was absolutely mediocre and very overpriced.

It's a shame as this hotel is in a very good positiion and was probably once a very nice hotel. It needs updating and the staff need to learn something about the hospitality business.

We're actually not given to complaining but felt we had to air our views about this hotel. Barcelona is a wonderful city and, if this hotel were up to standard, we would stay there again as the location is so good. We booked a standard double so mabe the superior doubles and suites are better but that doesn't alter the poor hotel facilities. On the whole it was a big let down and very over-priced. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chickenjools
belfast
Reviewed 18 September 2010

As my Tripadvisor profile shows we visit Barcelona regularly. I stayed here couple of years ago with a friend. On checking out we were asked if we wished our luggage held as our flight was late. I went to ask my friend who was outside having a smoke. For some reason I looked back and a member of staff had his hand in my hand baggage. I swiftly returned to the desk to retrieve my bags and the culprit never even seemed bothered by my return.
On my return home I wrote to the hotel twice with the help of a friend who speaks reasonable Spanish. I never got a reply. I was only reminded of this while looking for a hotel in Barcelona for half term next month. It is an ok hotel but would I return? Not likely -too many security concerns

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank donaldgregoryBelfast
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We had a twin room overlooking La Rambla. The room was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. Close by I would recommend Le Quinz Nits restaurant on Plaza Reial just off La Rambla. The food was excellent and very reasonable. For a quick snack during the day try Conesa on Placa St Juame, which you will find if you go up Carrer de Ferran. You would often find queues outside both of these for obvious reasons. You will ger a large beer in a place called Zurich if you go across the road at the top of La Rambla for approx €3.30. You can add €10 to this price if you have a similar drink on La Rambla.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple