We stayed in the Level, an upgrade hotel room.
The service of the hotel is impeccable, the breakfast is good (but not excellent), and the bed is comfy.
However, the shower is not as good as other 4-stars hotels.
It locates off the main ave Diagonal. They are many shops on the main street.
However, a serious problem in large cities in Spain these days are the pickpocket problem.
The first three days in Barcelon, we were hitted by three distinct groups of scam artists.
Luckily we do not suffer any loses. In Barcelona these scam artists are common in all main ave. It makes our experience in Barcelona not so enjoyable.
It is highly recommended to stay in the Level room. We found the extra cost well worth it.
Usually we go out in the morning, back in afternoon, and spend out time in the Level lounge before we resume our visit. We had a tea or coffee and some snacks in the lounge, and they are included in the price. The food in the lounge are great and of high-quality. The lounge open from 11am-10:30pm.
We tried a dinner in the hotel once, the food is about 30% more expensive than the close-by recommended restaurants, but the food is excellent and certainly worth the extra price.
The dinning area at night is quiet and peaceful.
Highly recommended for those who stay in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fully renovated Melia Barcelona Sarria is a luxury city hotel with a strategic location in the financial, cultural and commercial heart of the city of Barcelona. Only a few minutes from Avenida Diagonal, the Paseo de Gracia and the Football Club Barcelona Camp Nou Stadium, it is the perfect choice both for business and leisure travellers. Near the stops for the tourist bus, the hotel is also located in one of the city’s main cultural and entertainment districts. Its privileged location in center city Barcelona allows guests rapid access by public transportation or a peaceful stroll to the city's main touristic and cultural points of interest; and also outstanding shopping and commercial areas of the City of Gaudi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Melia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Melia Barcelona Sarria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Barcelona Hotel Barcelona
- Sol Melia Barcelona
- Barcelona Sol Melia
- Melia Barcelona Sarria Catalonia