“Alma Barcelona a dream come true!”
Review of Alma Barcelona

Alma Barcelona
Ranked #20 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Before starting I would like to thank Splendia, Luxury & Character Hotels, which is an excellent website for booking hotels of high quality!
Alma Barcelona was a unique experience! The staff is excellent, very attentive to our needs and that make us feel like special customers!
And this is without doubt the hallmark of this hotel! The staff really “pampering” their customers!
The hotel is extremely well located, very central near Casa Milá of Gaudi!
This hotel is beautiful! Very contemporary and well furnished! Everything was chosen with the greatest detail and the staff responsible for decorating deserves our congratulations! The room is very cozy and very comfortable!
Compared to other hotels with the same category I have to mention that this hotel promotes silence and peace to their customers! In two nights we never saw or heard the cleaning team! And this is remarkable because it is all done without disturb the rest of the customer!
And this concern reflects how this hotel works with the ultimate goal to please and “pamper” their customers! In room also they observe this concern since this has an ante-camara like a hall, which protects the sleeping area of noise. Breakfast reflects the elegance of this hotel with enough variety and always with elements of great quality!
We have no doubt that it is an experience to repeat!

4  Thank MariaCoimbra
Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed 2 February 2012

有一位会说流利中文的前台,能提供十分方便的中文服务。其它夸奖大家就看英文的吧:

Cool design ('less is more') with excellent service. Booked its 'Luxe Double bed room' with garden view, four nights.

The best part of ALMA is its service: prompt, quiet and detailed. With the help of the staff, we managed to find the place to get our briefcase repaired in Barcelona, booked restaurants, booked tickets for sightseeing, etc. The finger-points-room-access is as cool as the design of the room. The hotel restaurant may be low-profile but we were very satisfied with the room service.

Will highly recommend to people who first visit Barcelona. And I myself will come back again if going to Spain again.

Room Tip: Garden view.
1  Thank Vivian W
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very nice design hotel. Much better than Hotel Omm that is a bit overrated I think.
Newly opened in 2011, not very well known yet and therefore more quiet. Service is discrete, very personal, and equals 5*.

The rooms are nicely designed without being impersonal or lacking ambience.
Fingerprint technology is used to open your door so no more messing around with magnetic cards that often do not work. Very good beds for a good night rest. The breakfast is the best, no more queuing at the buffet; all the tasty breakfast is displayed at your personal breakfast table and you can place orders for your own customized breakfast.

I am a Barcelona resident and I pretty well know most top hotels in Barcelona so take this review very seriously! I will come back definately.

5  Thank Pascal J
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed six nights at this fabulous hotel from Janaury 7. We were expecting a "business" hotel and found superb place with fabulous personal service. Location is perfect for the Gaudi sights and shopping. We had a executive suite on the fourth flood overlooking the Calle Mallorca. Very large rooms with great bathorrm. The only faults were the funky design meant the rooms are too dark with too many spotlights and not enought light! Apart from that the high quality friendly staf made this hotel the highlight of a five week trip. Angeles on reservation and reception was without doubt the most friendly and professional reception person we met. Vera in the bar and Paola in the restaurant were perfect and the guys on the door, who included the hotel manager were fabulous. And the fingerprint entry was very James Bond! We'll definitely be back.

2  Thank paulw1959
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed here primarily because of other excellent reviews, but also because it had wooden floors and lovely fuss free decor in the rooms, and the total smoke free policy(all non smoking rooms) though obviously the inner courtyard has outside seating and it is directly accessible from the bar/dining if anyone does have to smoke.
That there was a spa/treatment and pool was a great bonus, but in fact a great disappointment as all the treatments have to be booked in advance as the service is outsourced! As I was only staying one night it was impossible for me to "book" with such short notice when I called the reception from my room. This is not a five star hotel!
Anyhow, the king size bed was very very comfortable, I had feather free duvet and bedding etc as requested on booking, and the room was calm and clean, though not so calm as I could still hear people in other rooms and people in the corridor. But it was tolerable.
The heating(digital panel for temp.choice) is controlled by the individual in the room. Great.

One issue which was annoying was carrying a great wooden keychain around with me as the "fingerprint" door key didn't work for me. I was told that I must have dry skin(??) How my skin could have dried up between reception ( where it worked as I registered on check in) and my room on the 3rd floor, I do not know. I felt so stupified by the receptionist's reasoning I agreed with her! Hence the big key.
The room service has a very limited menu so don't get all comfortable to eat in your room. Not worth it. However, the food downstairs in the bar/lounge/dining (understated chic/modern with floor to ceiling windows onto the deck/garden area along the length of the room) was just superb, with a great selection of modern dishes and traditional flavours. The service was polite and without fault.
There is no tea/cofee making facilities in the room ( I am a yorkshire tea addict) but one call to reception and I had a brand new kettle, tea, sugar and beautiful tea cup and saucer; and milk ( which you can store in the room's mini bar(contains non alcoholic drinks only).
One other gripe would be the lack of pay on demand in -house movies to watch. I was left scanning a thousand channels to find something to watch. It would have been great to watch a film as the screen is sleek and flat on the wall opposite the bed.
If I were to stay again, I 'd take some DVD's to play on my laptop, and try to book up a facial/pedicure/back massage "before" arriving! The prices didn't seem that bad either.
All in all, much much better than most hotels I've stayed in for the price ( I chose the grand deluxe room overlooking the inner courtyard), and as someone who suffers from dust allergies, this place was heaven, with wood, leather, and marble. Not a carpet in sight. Just warm wood floors, wood floor to ceiling sliding shutters across the windows instead of curtains, and "proper" heavy wooden doors.
Enjoy!
and very well situated in up town Barcelona.

P.S. For anyone using clinic Eugin
(My husband and I are doing IVF with clinic Eugin and I was staying overnight alone.I was returning to receive the transer of our "babies". I was able to get a taxi to the clinic(the receptionist booked one for me as I had to be at the clinic very early) and it cost was €8 and about 10 mins. Really easy.

Room Tip: rooms off the central courtyard
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo