“Hidden Gem in great city”
Review of Alma Barcelona

Alma Barcelona
Ranked #20 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Even though the pictures on the website were not too revealing, the hotel has proven to be quite a pleasant a surprise. The level of service and kindness of the hotel's staff has proved to be worth a 5 STAR experience, and not just for the glass of cava upon arrival, every recommendation was a success. With a location this perfect, I don't think there are any other 5 star hotels in Barcelona who can match this. My 2 nights with my parents were great, will I come again ? ABSOLUTELY ! Muchas Gracias !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Arrived at the Alma on 2 crutches due to an unforeseen operations, was rather nervous as had to travel Aon my own and husband was not arriving until the following day. Well the staff could not have been nicer so I was put at ease straight away the glass of cava helped :-)
Initially thought mmmm bit too über cool for me, but got enveloped fairly quickly into the cool design, dark moody colours and feeling of warmth.
Fingerprints to enter room, über shower/ bath in the fab if minimal room. Which I usually do not like - I want the chair !!!
I was usually downstairs not until 11ish each morning, (everything takes a lot longer on crutches) but they still made me an omelette. And the best thing is that everything is reasonably priced - glass cava €4 , €4 for a pot of tea, lunch €15 ish etc. unlike Hotel Arts which is tired and charges the earth !!
The only negative is that there is really not any atmosphere in the evening ( most evenings we were the only ones downstairs) , and then some staff become slightly lax, but this is maybe the case of just not enough to do. To be fair we were not downstairs late.
Also maybe after 4 days the mood lightning and darkness may become slightly soporific ! I was inside the hotel a lot though.
Will I return - oh I hope so and without the crutches !! Enjoy if you are lucky enough to go.

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank LindaS88
Reviewed 14 December 2011

We spent three nights in Alma Barcelona hotel. The hotel is perfectly located right next to shopping streets and sights, surrounded by nice restaurants for every pocket. It takes around 15min to walk to the old city and to las Ramblas.

The room was big and decoration very minimalistic. To my taste it was slightly too little and too gray, but it didn’t bother and it is the style of the hotel. Nights were totally quiet, so we got a good sleep. Nice detail was that minibar beverages were free. The Hotel staff was great and helped us with restaurant bookings, even before the actual stay. Nightly rate was decent, especially since we were travelling outside the season.

Room Tip: We had a room with two showers. Nice idea but the bathroom was soaking wet after taking a shower. Pe...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel was fantastic! I have never experienced such phenomenal service (and I travel a fair amount on business). Our room was huge and had a wonderful view of the garden. This hotel had so many little extras, for example, the fridge was stocked with complimentary water and juices each morning - the staff truly tended to our every need. They helped us plan out each day and called us by name every morning when we left. I loved the location - so many wonderful shops, restaurants and bars to visit - walking distance to many attractions, etc. Highly, highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marci H
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Very comfortable rooms but limited english TVprogrammes.

• Stayed: December 2011