Tickets
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Description: Un original concepto de tapeo en Barcelona, una forma divertida de comer y de entender la vida. ¿Vienes?
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Amazing food. Amazing staff. Like entering Alice in wonderland.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,153)

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I went to Tickets with one of my best friends, who is a Norwegian food blogger (lekkermunn.no). She was very keen to visit Ticket, as she had read it was one of the very best. And, to me, it was. We had the most wonderful evening, with the best food ever. I especially loved their olives - which were not olives like I'm used to. I had the feeling that everyone in the restaurant just loved their evening. Its amazing what food good food can do: people were talking to each other, smiling, laughing and asking their neighbour-table: what are you having, oh - I have to try that. After this visit I really understand what this food-enthusiasm is all about, and why my friend is so devoted. It was simply the best restaurant experience I ever have had! Remember to book in advance.

1  Thank JanickeHS
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Tickets is really an amazing place. The Adria brothers continue to be pioneers, and this place is like nothing else. It's original, extremely creative, and lots of fun.

that said however many people go expecting an El Bulli like experience, and although there are some minor tastes of El Bulli, this is just a creative tapas restaurant, so be sure you know what to expect.

also while this place is a lot of fun, I wouldn't wait three months to get in, so try to ignore the hype and just enjoy it for what it is.

finally I have to say there were two or three dishes that didn't really work, and it seems like the place is still under experimentation, but the dishes that did work for us really blew our minds away!

so if you're lucky enough to get in, just go with no expectations, forget the hype, remember it's just a tapas place, albeit a very special one, and have a great time!

3  Thank Englishmustard
Reviewed 14 December 2011

make sure if planning to go to this awesome tapas bar you do your planning ahead and get reservations...atleast 3 months before you leave. being a chef this was a major destination for me and my fiance as we were in barcelona for a friends wedding over thanksgiving.. might have been the best thanksgiving i have had in a long time. i didnt have to work and just let the chefs make whatever they wanted for us. dinner was a few hours of amazing flavor and fun creations which was no suprise considering the owner. what was really exciting is how affordable and inviting everything was. i ate at heston blumenthals pub a few days before and spent double and was no where near being as satisfied with my experience at "tickets".

2  Thank cruisingcook
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Tickets is not your normal food experience, but I suppose that nothing  that  Adria is connected with is. I was in Barcelona for a week, and while this wasn't my favorite meal in Barcelonan it was certainly the most creative, visual, surprising and magical meal I had. We had a large group of 8 so we just let the waiters choose the food and they didn't steer us wrong.  Tickets is not a budget meal option, our bill came to $750 euros, but I think we all felt it was worth the splurge. My favorite dishes were of course the magical olives, the crispy rabbit ribs, the oysters, and the slices of tuna belly painted with Iberian cured ham fat.  It's worth the visit.