“Beautiful little place tucked away in the gothic quarter!”
Review of Salterio

Salterio
Ranked #194 of 11,274 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Neighbourhood: El Congres i els Indians
Neighbourhood: El Congres i els Indians
Reviewed 14 April 2017

I stumbled upon this place while strolling around the Gothic Quarter in Barcelona. What a gem. Basic, rustic and authentic. Very relaxing vibe, and lovely wine. Fascinating to watch dishes and drinks being prepared behind the counter. Well worth a visit. There are also a few other nearby bars worth visiting such as Zona D'Ombra and Bodega Biarritz 1881. Enjoy!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

First time in Barcelona. We were hungry and tired and found this "whole on the wall" and it was amazing!! My husband is a very picky eater and wannabe vegetarian with not much success but this place is really delivered with Excellent food and service! Highly recommended whenever you are in this wonderful city! One more thing, my 11 year old daughter was
With us and she also loved it...Wonderful service, wonderful food ...

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Tired, hungry and in need of a cuppa we opened the door. It was 4pm and with respect the Spanish don't usually understand tea but I was wrong. Prepared to be wowed by the tea selection and gorgeous simple food. If you want your food served quickly and simultaneously stay away. If you want an amazingly different experience with taste and lovely people to match, this is your thing. I was so relaxed I nearly fell asleep after the warming tea and underground atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We visited this little hidden restaurant at around 4pm so most other visitors were having tea or wine but we ordered some food and we're glad we did! We had the bread with tomatoes - something that was done in a unique way with tahini sauce and some herbs (basil?). We also ordered a larger warm dish (the only one without cheese as my other half is lactose intolerant - photo uploaded) and this was also delicious. The menu was quite short and all vegetarian but even my carnivore of a fiancé loved the food here. Would definitely recommend to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike.

The setting was also interesting and had a kooky, hippy vibe to it. The staff were very friendly too.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank rhearn91
Reviewed 3 March 2017

My mother and I were actually staying in an Airbnb apartment right above this teahouse when we decided one afternoon - after exhaustively exploring Barcelona - to stop for some tea here.

It is absolutely beautiful, very dark, cozy, and stony, and truly feels like a private hideaway in one of Barcelona's most touristy areas. It's only a couple pedestrian-trafficked alleys away from the Gothic Quarter's most-frequented plazas - yet you feel a complete world away.

I can't attest to the food here as we didn't have any, but we sat at a cozy table in the back (the place is adorned, floor-to-ceiling, in the most interesting teapots and cups) and enjoyed two pots of wonderfully-brewed tea.

If you're looking for a relaxing, quiet place to enjoy a cozier, more intimate side of the Gothic Quarter, look no further than Salterio!

Date of visit: August 2016