There are many things i liked about the hotel - the location, the style it is decorated in, our lovely room, the terrace (which we somehow never used, but still, we could have :), the helpful service...
I only do not give the hotel 5 'circles', because there was a problem with the airconditioning while we were there and I got a cold since the room was freezing, and after having the air-con blowing cold air just over my head for an entire night. Although it was not too bad, i did lose one day, resting and medicating, to get back in shape for city-touring. At the time I was very annoyed with the hotel staff, because I kept asking them to turn off the air-con in the room but they would only do it for a short time, then turn it back on. I understood that beacuse of the problem thay could only turn it on and off for all rooms, but still... Anyway, it's all bygones now:)
Now for the good stuff:
Everyone said it - the location is perfect, the district itself so beautiful, felt safe, the street leads you right to Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera is just around the corner, Las Ramblas a lovely walk away, and when you get there, walk all the way to the sea...which we did every day
The hotel is beautifuly decorated. Well, at least for my taste it was perfect. We were in a room with a huge, lovely bathroom. We also had a small balcony overlooking the street. There is one problem with this location - the noise. The traffic is very heavy and constant. When you close the double windows, it is not a problem, but when they are open, it is very, very loud. Also, just like in almost all hotels - the walls are thin, and you hear a lot of what's going on. But there were no loud guests while we were there, so that was not a problem.
There is some food provided at the hotel - a continental breakfast, and they introduced a new service - sushi by order - while we were there. I though it was reasonably priced, but we never tried it.
Overall, I would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Khronos Boutique Hostel, a new concept in hotel in Barcelona, economic, charming and located in a neoclassical building in the center of Eixample.Newly opened, a few meters from the elegant Paseo de Gracia, in the heart of Barcelona. From this location you can enjoy walking from the main landmarks of the city, like La Sagrada Familia, Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, Las Ramblas and the Gothic Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hostal Boutique Khronos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Boutique Khronos Hotel Barcelona
- Hostal Boutique Khronos Barcelona, Catalonia