“Just OK .....Not crazy about the location.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Glory Facade Guest House
Ranked #171 of 308 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Although I realize the price is great for a Guest House in a large city, I found this location to be quite a distance from everywhere I wanted to be. Yes, it is just a few feet away from the Sagrada Familia but that also means there are loads of tourists at the front door making it tricky to get into the building sometimes. I found myself taking the metro so many times I wished I had stayed closer to the Barri Gotic or El Born area where I found many better restaurants. Also, stayed in the Sorolla Room with my daughter and we found it really, really small and with no natural light or ventilation. The Picasso room is bigger and really the only comfortable room. As mentioned by others, the cleanliness does depend on the other guests and I did find some guests treating the entire place as if they were the only guests! Meri and Kiku were wonderful to deal with although 3 days without internet communication did create a confusing situation.

Room Tip: Picasso room is the only comfortable room. No AC.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We wanted to stay in the B&B, but it was full so we opted for the Glory Facade because of the location (less than one block from two metro lines and literally 50 feet from Sagrada Familia) and the positive reviews.

Excellent communication before we arrived, then Meri met us at the house, as arranged. She showed us around, offered food and tourist suggestions and invited us out for drinks. We were pretty jet lagged, so we declined.

The next evening, after an overlong day of sightseeing (Rambla to the marina, El Born and back up again), we couldn't open the front door. We tried for 15-20 minutes. It's a really nice, super expensive complicated lock...that's really easy to open when you're not jet lagged and over tired. We called Meri, who wasn't far away and she showed us (again) how to open the door and again invited us out with her friend. We were gross and un-showered so we declined.

Thank goodness we had lock trouble--the flat was flooded. My daughter, Meri and I laid out towels and Meri turned off the water, called for maintenance help and mopped the kitchen. By 9 am the next day, the water was back on, everything was fixed and things were back on track. They offered us a 70€ discount because we wanted to move to another property but nothing was open.

The flat is pretty clean, but there are four bedrooms and the cleanliness level depends on the other guests. Meri and Yolanda cleaned and gave us new towels several times during our stay. We stayed in the Picasso room and tried to be out by 10 am because when the sun hits the room, it gets really warm. It's a cute place, no complaints. I liked feeling supported by Meri and Kiku if we had questions.

Note: we were not able to buy Sagrada Familia tix online. Our bank doesn't like Spain for online transactions. Too much fraud. We had similar problems buying them at the ATMs as suggested by Kiku/Jon/Meri. So frustrating, as you'll see firsthand that the line wraps around the block. We walked out one day at 8:20 am and were maybe the 20th in line. When the basilica opened at 9, we went right in, no need for advanced tickets. Highly recommend the tower tour--it was amazing!!

Note 2: Meri warned us about pickpockets and phone thieves and sure enough, a guy swiped my phone off our table at breakfast on Avinguda Gaudi, just a block from Glory Facade. He put a laminated paper pleading for money on the table, looked me right in the eye and took my phone. I realized it right away so my daughter chased him down and as soon as he saw her, he held it out, gave it to her and apologized. Sheesh. Could have been bad. What a jerk.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Sorolla Room of the Glory Facade Guest House from June 2 to June 6. Super easy to get there from the airport...buy a T-10 card at the airport train station, take the train to Sants Estacio, then hop on the L5 to Sagrada Familia. Super easy to get around the metro stations in Barcelona, so don't worry.

Meri was waiting at the door for us the night we arrived. She showed us around the apartment, gave us our set of keys and wished us a happy stay. She was so friendly!

The guest is awesome for the following reasons:

1. Value: It is really cheap compared to other hostels and hotels in Barcelona. The rooms are a little small, but Barcelona is the kind of city where you are really losing out if you spend too much time in your room. The value extends beyond price, though. The kitchen is well-stocked with juices, cereal, milk, bread and a big basket of breakfast pastries. The first two mornings we had eggs and toast, then pastries the following mornings. Also, there is free internet and free cable television, as well as a small library of novels and travel books.

2. Location: When people tell you this guest house is across the street from the Sagrada Familia, they are not lying! You leave the front door of the guest house, walk down two flights of stairs and exit the front door of the building and, boom, there you are staring up at Barcelona's most famous architectural gem. It seriously doesn't get any better than that for a tourist. I mean, seriously.

3. Food/Drink: The streets surrounding the Familia are teeming with cafes and places to eat. Most mornings we strolled down to Dino Pan (Ave. Mallorca) for our customary cafes con leche and croissants. Two coffees, two croissants, 3 euros total - great way to start off the day! Guests at Glory Facade get a small folder with recommendations for restaurants. This is a great resource; we took the packet's advice and ate dinner at Morryson and we were not disappointed...in fact, the restaurant has been rated a top-10 spot for tapas. Don't ask for an Estrella while you are there, though; Morryson only serves Moritz. We also ate dinner at Ole Mallorca, a restaurant a block away from Sagrada Familia. Great dinner there...delicious manchego cheese and stiff sangria. We also saw a wine shop that sold table wine in liter jugs for 2 euros...we don't remember the name, but if you are looking for some cheap wine by the jug, that's the place to go.

Glory Facade Guest House is amazing. At 55 euros per night, I really don't think you can find a better deal in all of Barcelona when you consider its value, location and all the delicious food and drink located around the guest house.

Room Tip: The Sorolla and Miro rooms share a smaller bathroom, so you may want to book the Picasso or Dali roo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WriterJames
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I've stayed at padilla guest house September 2011 and was glad to find that they now had another place, and it's just opposite Sagrada Familia! It's so well located! The time we visited was the mece festival and you could hear the musical playing from the church opposite when staying indoors. It's an apartment so if you have a bunch of friends visiting together, you can hire the whole apartment!
We stayed at picasso room, and had a shared bathroom with I forgot maybe Miro room? Haha
Barcelona is fantastic and I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeyondRachel
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The Glory Facade Guesthouse is the perfect place to stay in Barcelona if you are staying for a short or long time and are looking for a quiet, cheap apartment with good location.

It is situated next to La Sagrada Familia, Metro, Tourist buses, Starbucks, souvenir shops, restaurants, bars, parks...and yet it is very peacful and quiet. It takes you about 20 minutes to walk to the city center, but if you prefer the metro, the station is right across the street.

The apartment is big. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one with shower, one with bath), a kitchen (the owners take care of breakfast- free toast, jam, juice, milk, eggs... you can cook lunch, dinner, use the fridge...), a dining room (big table) and a living room (two small sofas, TV, travel guides, free WI-FI). At the time of our stay there was only one other room taken, so we actually had 2 bathrooms for 2 bedrooms. The other couple was very nice, did not bother us at all, we had a nice chat about Barcelona and exchanged tips about what to see and when...

Me and my partner stayed in Picasso room, which is the biggest of the 4 bedrooms. It has a huge window, a good sized bed (I was in my 6th month of pregnancy and had no bigger trouble sharing :)), a desk and a chair, a mirror, a wardrobe and two night stands with lamps. The bathroom is right next to this room, which was also very convenient for me (especially at night).

A cleaning lady comes every two days, to clean the apartment and change the towels. The apartment is, however, not very clean (especially the kitchen and the living/ dining room are in real need of being thoroughly cleaned). And even though I really enjoyed this apartment it really bothered me that the kitchen was so sticky and was not really comfortable with touching anything in there or in the living room. That is the only problem I had with this apartment.

Overall, the apartment is great; good price, perfect location and comfortable rooms. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The Picasso room is the biggest, most comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple