“One of the best sushi places i've ever been”
Review of Kuo

Kuo
Reserve with
Kuo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #595 of 10,352 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A new concept on japanese restaurants in Barcelona. Un nuevo concepto de restaurantes japoneses en Barcelona
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

This place is definitely one of Barcelona's gems. The sushi was so fresh and the service is beyond good. Our waiter Leo was one of the best servers I have ever experienced, he was so kind and attentive. I will definitely come back here if I get the chance ! 10/10

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

I live very close to this restaurant so I use to go at least once per month, the service is excellent, and quality / price probably is the best in BCN for a japanese restaurant . Amazing tuna tartar, tatakis and the scallops with foi are from outer space :) .As always I'll be back!

1  Thank Joan-Albert-GM
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Went there with my husband. The food was very good, the service quick and friendly. The atmosphere is nice as well.

Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Was at Kuo for dinner with my wife. I have worked in Japan and although I can't say that the quality matches that of a good Tokyo restaurant, I think it's fair to say that Kuo is a very good and affordable (sushi is always expensive so it is not cheap) option in Barcelona.

Although the menu has some some reasonable maki options I would personally recommend nigiris or sashimis as this place stands out relative to other places in town for the quality of the fish. If you want something with a ton of "unconventional" ingredients and creative sauces you should probably go somewhere else (although they have some of that).

Other than that the place is relatively quiet, with a nice neighborhood restaurant feel.

Overall I would easily recommend Kuo if you are looking for a very good sushi at reasonable prices (I.e. 80-100 euros for dinner for two with a glass of cava). Of course if you want the best in town I would probably go to Koy Shunka (for creative) or just Shunka (for traditional).

1  Thank cvidela4791
GrupoNomo, Gerente at Kuo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Thank you for your comments!

Reviewed 4 May 2016

I've been with my girlfriend for a dinner. I can just write vey positive things. The restaurant is very nice, the service super and the quality of the food very high. Definitely we will come back.